• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

earlybay westfalia panel van..full resto. OIRO £17,000

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68oldskool

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-BAY-WINDOW-LOW-LIGHT-PANEL-VAN-WESTFALIA-WALKTHROUGH-DELUXE-CAMPER-1970-/121759213030?hash=item1c596a25e6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sensible offers only please...you wont be dissapointed...

WELCOME TO MY ADVERT ON MY FULLY RESTORED AWESOME ONE OFF LOOKING BESPOKE CUSTOM EARLY LOWLITE BAY WINDOW PANEL VAN CAMPER WITH A FULL WESTFALIA CONVERSION NEVER BEFORE DONE TO THIS SPECIFICATION AND YET TO BE SEEN AT ANY SHOWS SO ITS READY TO START COLLECTING SOME TROPHIES AND BE THE ENVY OF WHAT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING EARLY BAY PANELS EVER DONE.....I AM 100% BLOWING MY OWN TRUMPET HERE AS THIS IS ONE EXCELLENT KNARLY LOOKING VAN THAT HAS WARRANTED 4 PHOTO SHOOTS ALREADY AND ONE FRONT LEADING AND THE BEST VW MAGAZINE OUT THERE "ULTRA VW" DUE TO HIT THE PRESS SOON.....

PLEASE CALL TO ARRANGE A VIEWING YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED.

PLEASE CHECKOUT THE PHOTOBUCKET LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ADVERT THERES LOTS OF HIGHLY DETAILED PICTURES TO SEE....

Here's a run down on some history and what's been carried out.

1970 Vw bay window panel van imported by me in 2014 from a chap who resides in America,mark is a professional surfer that lived in California using his bus to hit the beach with surf boards in the back this is a same family owned bus with only 62,238 original miles from new!

After a good stint in California mark moved to South Dakota with his bus to become a professional snow boarder whilst there it was garage kept as the climate was different from the sunny state of California,then mark to store the bus and use a 4x4 to get around that's where's it stayed laid up for ten years so after some long chats back and fourth a deal was finally struck and I acquired the bus to my delight....once the full amount was raised I had it shipped to the UK and sat back and looked at and pondered what to do and what direction to take it....

The plan was to be different glossy and sharp and I think that's all been achieved here as its mouth watering to look at.

The bus was fully stripped and completely gone through it was extremely solid and rot And rust FREE bar a small area on the cab floor/jacking point and outer sill......no replacement panels were needed or used.!

the doors/tailgate etc close liked factory and there was no hidden horrors I knew I had purchased a gem and it warranted the custom job in hand.

WHATS BEEN DONE YOU ASK,.......HERE WE GO......

1. pastal White with a special pearly metallic red mix courtesy of the new Renault Clio it's almost like candy apple colour coded bumpers to the roof and colour coded engine tinware.
2. Fully re-trimmed inside new soft furnishing and carpets,wood flooring with wood side panels and headliner with the cab area sticking to the perforated new headliner,spare wheel cover and rare deluxe WALKTHROUGH trims addred the perfect touch,new 3 spoke wood rim steering wheel and boss kit,new grab handles and window winders,new inertia seat belts,ultra rare Volkswagen stereo same as the dash effect just in place and not wired up...to fill the hole so to speak....dashboard is ferret and free from any sun cracks...
3.all new bright work all round new head lights rear lights side reflectors and rear running light clusters,rear and front indicators complete kits
4.all new german rubbers all round nothing spared
5.brand new set of 17" brm's inc new phat tyres and chrome fitting wheel kit and caps the stickers are still on the FRIGGEN tyres! Best part of a £1000! Alone! These are the best quality wheels with a perfect offset giving the front end a narrowed look as they tuck nicely in.
6.new front windscreen.
7.original WALKTHROUGH and cab rubber floor mats both showing no signs of heavy ware....
8.electrics completely gone through to UK specification and 100% in working condition inc interior lights and the front heater control lights.
9. All the brake gone through and brakes and stop on there button
10. Lowered one rear spline out back with a turned front beam it rides sweet
11. stoned chipped underside
12.new factory reconditioned 1600 twin port engine with only 6000 miles on it with a dog house fan housing,009 dizzy,twin carbs,coil,bug pack exhaust zero end float as to be expected,j tubes,new clutch kit etc...starts on the bus button and idles and sounds perfect..(as with all twin carb engines to maximise there performance and consumption they will all need rolling roading and re jettings as this bus is crying out for it and in need of it..£150 maximum cost)
13.4 new german ball joint fitted so the steering is very tight indeed.
14.everything greased,freed,adjusted,and gone through....

This is a no BRAINER bus if your looking for a sweet ride you can see the time and EXSPENSE that has gone into this ride the pictures do not do it justice it warrants to be seen in the flesh to satisfy any dilemmas you might have....

There's lots done and lots I can't list as it will bore you if you have ever done a restoration before then you will know the work and money involved so my bus is worth every penny and more so please be respectful when viewing and making any offers if your looking for the best get your behind in gear And come and see it your not going to find another for sure and I think the rusty rat donkey dub scene has had it's day asking rediculaus Amounts for their turd rides.....it's time for some show 'n' shine quality rides asking the correct money.....

12 months mot and off course it's tax exempt.... v5 To hand.
Please note the rear american number plate PHOENIX IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE NOR IS THE PEPSI COOLER...new aliminuim black and silver plates with the original reg number will be fitted back.

Located in North London at a classic restoration vw garage where it's currently being stored.

This is offered for sale worldwide and I will ship anywhere at your EXSPENSE I can handle all shippîng logistics if you wish.

Please call 07713994243 to view

PLEASE VIEW BEFORE MAKING AN OFFER...

All bids are final if your offer is accepted I will require a non refundable deposit of £500 paid in a bank transfer and contact made within 24 hours if neither is received I will just relist the bus your not making an offer to view so view first!

Be lucky and be prepared to be pictured and waved at where everywhere you go....
: for extra pictures are here.....there's a lot ;-)

http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/Cockers77/slideshow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts