Easy Outs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of any good ones or ones to avoid? :roll: :roll: :roll:
I’m in the middle of raising my old bay up a tad and feeling a little deflated as it seems to be going Pete Tong and worserer. Got the front up and it looked so so weird with his ass down a couple of splines and the front up about an inch higher than stock, so I’ve started on his ass end now. Had to go off and do some stuff after loosely assembling the rear nearside hub and took some pics of him levelled out. Came back and started checking for loosey nuts and bolts and managed to shear off the bolt holding the top rear brake cylinder on :shock: and I couldn’t get the bottom one off before :roll: great, so I’ve levered back the back plate a tad but can’t get grips on the stub of bolt. Hummed and hahhhed then decided to drill it through and pop a self tapper in and get it to bite to push it through, took me nearly an hour to drill it now all my self tappers want to skip through it and not grip the damned thing , so I’ll order some in :mrgreen:
Then to top it off, I’ve got four serious tyres for it 205:75:15s and the 205 is the sidewall as we all know, but on these, the tread blocks are so big the tread width is wider than the side walls, so they just ain’t gonna fit under them arches :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,sent to try us they say :mrgreen:

Nice ideas all but there ain’t a lot of room in there. It’s through the brake cylinder and past the back plates.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,easy outs ordered :mrgreen:

Well the easy outs came and successful they were not :shock: So the drill came out again a d I drilled through gradually bigger and bigger . I’d straighten ed it up as much as I could but nowhere near good enough to start a tap down there , so a blind bolt saves the day and the hub is serviceable again. Next time that hub comes off, I’ll see if I can’t get it on a pillar drill or similar and re drill and then get a tap down there. I’ve already submitted a planning application to my head to get the joints off over Chrimbo and clean em up and a re grease. Unless going up an outer spline is too much, in which case I’ll be pulling it apart again quite soon.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, new tyres ordered :mrgreen:

thejinx said:
They’ve never worked for me either. My set are rusting in the garage :evil:

I thought that I might have been on a winner because I’d only just done the bloody bolt up, admittedly a tad toooo much at the end of the day :roll: Just thought I’d re check and make sure everything was righty tighty then dissssaster struck :shock: :shock:
Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,not like it had rusted in there for fifty years :mrgreen:

Latest posts