Engine Bay, electric fuel pump location and Oil Breather WTF.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la_bigmac

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Afternoon,

I am taking the winter months to replace my tired 1641, its been great but the shame of leaving drops of oil between home and everywhere I go has gotten too much, the amount of crank movement is also making me nervous about another trip down to the med :) Screw it I want a new engine and Christmas is coming.

So I have been thinking about upgrades, I am not looking to start the what carb is best argument, but I am interested in finding out where people have located a electronic fuel pump. I am thinking about under the fuel tank with the safety relay in the engine compartment. I have been googling for pictures to backup my idea but they seem to be bolted to everything from the firewall to the round fuel filler pipe inspection cover.

Also, Oil breather, why on earth would you use carbs to create a vacuum in an Oil Breather, does that not mean you will end up burning oil and make the carb dirty? Just does not seem logical to me, surly you want to keep oil out of the combustion chamber! Will an Oil breather still work fine if I don't use the carbs?

Thanks for reading.

Mat.

Every car manufacturer in the world vents the breather to the intake. No matter weather it’s carb, fuel injection or diesel. I would but I don’t have air filters. So I have a drain back to the case.

My set up on my 2110. Both rocker covers, fuel pump block off and stock breather next to oil cap

I have my fuel pump bolted to the 45 degree piece under the fuel tank. Fuel lines then come into engine bay and to each carb behind the fan shroud. I use a motorbike fuel pump so don't have an external regulator. The relay and fuse are mounted on the left hand side wheel tub.

I'll pop a couple of pics up tomorrow if I get chance!

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

la_bigmac said:
Looks like a neat job, thanks for the pic. Have you clipped the fuel lines to the carbs to the back of the fan housing or the firewall? Behind the fan housing is that a fuel pressure regulator or a pump?

No they just got straight to the carbs, no clips. Yes it’s Holley reg on the left and a fast fan breather on the right

Latest posts