Engine/Fuel Tank Bulkhead - on a '68

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Reaction score
Is it possible to retro-fit the bulkhead that sits between the engine and fuel tank on later vans.
Mine is a '68 and so does not have one, but can't help think it is a good idea in terms of noise and safety.

So - worth fitting? Where can one get one - anyone got one to sell?! :)

We have a retro fitted one, not sure when it went on or where it came from but it's definitely there :) Just screwed on, I'm not sure if the holes are there or whether they were drilled when it was fitted. Not a great help but at least you know it can be done :)

It's a start! :D

(So can I call my Van 'pre-68' ? Registered in Peterborough on Jan 1st '68 - but built on December '67!)

angus said:
It's a start! :D

(So can I call my Van 'pre-68' ? Registered in Peterborough on Jan 1st '68 - but built on December '67!)

I do and I've not had any complaints so far! it's a 68 model year but 67 manufature so it depends which you go on really. My logic is that if you were going by model years you wouldn't have a pre-68 for an early bay :) ours was built October '67 so I'm sticking with that!

Hi,
I just bought one under the assumption it would be pretty straightforward, but it's not...
I'm sure there's a way but for it to be really closed off it would require welding.
Not an option anymore because everything's in primer already.
The bulkhead I got also had a lip for a sealing rubber strip, maybe this is a very late one?
Cheers

Um - be interested to know/see where it was a problem - I know that the areas left and right of the middle section are also sealed off on later bays.

Latest posts