Engine Sound Deadening Grills

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know the metal grills came in with the tall rear lights, perhaps someone on here has a crossover 72 model year who can confirm this ? My bus is a 71 so last of the earlys, with the what was effectively the late splitscreen rear end. The boards from Rackhams fitted really well with only a minor bit of trimming on one edge (suspect this was more to do with the bus having had a "nudge" at some point.)

I broke a 72 a while back and it was a crossover that still had the low indicator style on the front and the bumper with steps. It had this metal grill with a type of fibreglass wadding in bags above it. This also had the larger rear tail lights and squarish toast rack style of air vents on the rear. I’ve had every intention of fitting this in my 1970 Early but at the moment it’s about one hundred and twenty four on the list of zillions of tooo dooooos :roll: :shock: :roll:
So I’m still not a hundred per cent sure on how good the fit will be :roll: but fitted eventually it definitely will be :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,only been in my garage for ten years ish :mrgreen: ;) :lol: ;) :mrgreen:

dubselector said:
As far as I know the metal grills came in with the tall rear lights, perhaps someone on here has a crossover 72 model year who can confirm this ? My bus is a 71 so last of the earlys, with the what was effectively the late splitscreen rear end. The boards from Rackhams fitted really well with only a minor bit of trimming on one edge (suspect this was more to do with the bus having had a "nudge" at some point.)

Yes, that's correct. When I restored my 72 I took them out to get them powder coated. First fitted that year.

Latest posts