Eweleaze Farm Campsite Osmington near Weymouth

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickles

Reaction score
We took the bus here last weekend, few other bays were there as well. Only opens for the month of August each year see their website http://www.eweleaze.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Advertised on their website as a small organic farm, but this makes for a large campsite spread across numerous fields, this is a big business venture now. as you come over the hill and spy the campsite for the first time you fel that you have arrived at a festival, albeit one without the stage/music. Some fields are not particularly level and slope quite a lot restricting where you can camp, unless of course you like rolling down the hill in the night. Due to the size and number of people on site it was busier and noisier than we were expecting, it was OK but not the small and therefore quiet farm we had prepared ourselves for.

There is a shop selling organic farm produce, beers, bread but compared to a supermarket was a bit expensive, toilets were a mix of flushing and wood chip ones. Showers were some way away and never used. there are also some animals for the children to see and touch and a pizza, pie and chips take away wagen. Open fires permitted wood sold at £3.50 per bag.

I'll see if anyn of my photos are any good and if so post one later

Baz.

I'm off to this campsite on Monday :)

Glad you had an ok time. Do you recommend anything to do in the area??

Also, what was the farm track like on the entrance to the site?? I have a very low bus so was a little concerned :D

Matt

Only just noticed your post

hope you got down the track OK and found somethings to do.

Baz

P8200010.jpg

P8200006.jpg

Latest posts