Exhaust header question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julesx

Reaction score
I have a hole in my exhaust header so I have just purchased a stainless steel one from Just Kampers.

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/Julesx_photos/IMG_1579_zpsza5srnr6.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I notice that the replacement stainless has the two long tubes are touching at one point - hopefully you can see this in the picture above.

On checking the mild steel one that is already fitted on my bus the tubes are not touching.

My question - are the fact that the tubes do not have a gap between them and are touching going to cause an issue once fitted.

Thanks

Jules

I'd be tempted to pry them apart a tiny bit after you fit it. You may find it will rattle if you don't. Try it first though because they may come apart when they are up to temperature.

JcPrints said:
I'd be tempted to pry them apart a tiny bit after you fit it. You may find it will rattle if you don't. Try it first though because they may come apart when they are up to temperature.

Yes - I wondered if they might rattle. When the sun comes back out I'll fit them and see what's, what and report back.
Thanks

Latest posts