Exhaust wrap

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren2030

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hiya

Does anyone use that heat wrap tape stuff on their exhaust!? Was thinking about putting some on my earlybay as I get the odd drip of oil now and then on the exhaust from the pushrod tubes etc and me being paranoid bout them sort of things didn’t know if would be a good idea or not! What ya reckon fellas!?

Cheers
Darren

Hmm I think your better off replacing your pushrod seals, I can imagine the tape absorbing oil and catching fire more than a drip?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

1: that’s not what exhaust wrap for
2: Don’t bodge things, fix it properly

The heat wrap will soak up the oil and will be 100x more likely to catch fire. Heat wrap is to keep the heat in the pipes and prevent heat sink into heads on performance engines

I do, but not for the same reasons. You are better off sorting the leak to be honest.

I use it on my home made exhaust, to hide the not perfect welds and also stop me burning my legs when I go round the back of the bus!

Hi

Thanks for the replies fellas and agree with your comments I did replace the pushrod tube seals a month ago (csp) and they have been a lot better Just was something I thought about but can see your points of making things worse by adding a wrap on the exhaust!
By the way does anyone use a sealant of any kind on their tube seals as I just used a smear of engine oil!?

Cheers
Darren

There are at least two different types of seals and one is red and one is white and I can`t for the life of me remember which was the good ones but it was obvious when you picked them up. The ones that came in the GSF set were pretty pants.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can`t even remember having a memory :mrgreen:

Yeh they were the white seals Ozziedog I have with the csp pushrod tubes , The cylinder head end has a slightly larger seal on 22mm I think compared to 18mm at the engine side which do sit at a slight angle on the head and I have a very slight leak on a couple of them so I reckon I’m gonna redue them with a smear of the curil t as suggested by Abel 👍

Cheers fellas 🤙