fan flap identification

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pottinger

Reaction score
Hi guys

Ok, without wanting to start poking fun at me for wanting
to identify fan flaps :roll: I want to make sure mine
has them :lol: :roll: (if not I will fit them when engine out as believe they
play an important role in air temp stability) but cant work
out if mine has them, am i looking for these at the bottom of the
fan shroud ?

I have seen an exploded view of them and they make sense but just dont
understand where they should be :lol:

Pics would be most excellant :D

cheers
pott

Yes I think you are pretty much spot on and the best way to suss how they work is to see one when it`s off as they form a blockage for want of a better word or a barrier to make the air go to where it`s required. If you look at the base of the houseing, you will see several apparently random and useless holes about 5mm at a guess. In these holes should be the spigots or axles that the flaps open and shut on. If you can see ` bits ' poking out of said holes, it sounds as if you have flaps, hence ,, no bits,, no flaps :mrgreen: You`ll see in an instant when you flop it out :shock: Or if you are looking at one at a greasy bits stall.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Off to Cheddarrrrrrrrrr before they run out of drinking time :p 8) :lol:

ozziedog said:
Yes I think you are pretty much spot on and the best way to suss how they work is to see one when it`s off as they form a blockage for want of a better word or a barrier to make the air go to where it`s required. If you look at the base of the houseing, you will see several apparently random and useless holes about 5mm at a guess. In these holes should be the spigots or axles that the flaps open and shut on. If you can see ` bits ' poking out of said holes, it sounds as if you have flaps, hence ,, no bits,, no flaps :mrgreen: You`ll see in an instant when you flop it out :shock: Or if you are looking at one at a greasy bits stall.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Off to Cheddarrrrrrrrrr before they run out of drinking time :p 8) :lol:

cheers ozzie,
"flop it out" :lol: :roll:

I shall go ask the missus if i can go at lunchtime and check out some fan flaps :shock: :D

cheers again
potts

ok, i seem to be flapless on my twin port

:( :(

does anyone have the whole lot flaps and all (rods/thermostat etc) they want rid of. :D

are beetle ones the same ?

any help fellas mucho appreciated.

cheers
potts

They were offered to me but he found them damaged. I currently have two offers I will pm you the person whom I don't buy from!!

Latest posts