Fellow Dormobile folks.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velgreeno

Reaction score
Hey folks. Well there I was treating my old girl to a full valet, spruce up etc etc (still not finished ha). Working my way round my bus and came to the passenger gutter. Noticed a bubble on the corner of her Dormy roof seal 😳. Now me being me bubbles, rust etc is not a good thing and can't sleep untill it's delt with. Yep I'm that type of guy ha. Lifted my roof and a fair bit was bubbling. So guess what I have even doing for the last 5 hours ha. Luckily it was all surface rust and nothing went through but if I left would have been bad. All sanded down now though, rust treated and painted. Check your gutters those with Dormobiles and pop tops 🤙.

Attachments

• 20230518_183846.jpg
    20230518_183846.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230518_205326.jpg
    20230518_205326.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
What paint did you use. Unfortunately I have developed gutter rot. I don’t let get wet as it’s not running yet but I suppose i’m going to have to deal with it.
Afraid it will temporarily fixed this year.

What paint did you use. Unfortunately I have developed gutter rot. I don’t let get wet as it’s not running yet but I suppose i’m going to have to deal with it.
Afraid it will temporarily fixed this year.
I do my rust treating in stages dude. Firstly sand and get the nastiness off etc until clean metal, then i Kurust it all and let that go off and dry. On top of that i use Hammerite near to the colour of my bus and let that go off overnight. Then tomorrow i will go over all that with her actual body colour. Job done. Works, keeps rust away and looks good. I will always check though in that part now just to make sure. How bad is your gutter dude ? It might be worse than it looks 🤙

Ha I think it is worse than it looks !!

I do exactly the same apart from hammerite. I use etch primer but don’t know what colour roof line is.

🌈👍

I do exactly the same apart from hammerite. I use etch primer but don’t know what colour roof line is.

🌈👍
Oh right. I would get it done sooner than later dude. Especially with our weather ha.
Thats cool though. Thats one thing. they keep us on our toes dont they ha. 🤙.

🌈👍
I've never had luck with etch primer. I seem to get rust breaking through the paint after a couple of years. That's after treating the rust with Jenolite after sanding it away. The best long lasting primer I use is Bondaprimer. It has always lasted the longest with repaired/repainted areas.

Hey folks . Well i did the other side gutter today a bit of surface rust but all cleaned off and treated. Gutters good for quite a while now 🤙.

Does anyone use

NO NONSENSE RED OXIDE METAL PRIMER & UNDERCOAT​

Also have you every put a little slit in the gutter to let the water out

Does anyone use

NO NONSENSE RED OXIDE METAL PRIMER & UNDERCOAT​

Also have you every put a little slit in the gutter to let the water out
I e used two pack epoxy mastic in mine then painted over. it looks like red oxide as it’s the same colour but dries as a semi flexible rubbery type finish. Been great for twelve or more years. My gutters and I think all stock gutters have two slits in about thirty or forty mill on the rear corners and are open at the front too. With their natural stance of slightly up at the front, that should suffice.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Where has you slit em ? :unsure:

I e used two pack epoxy mastic in mine then painted over. it looks like red oxide as it’s the same colour but dries as a semi flexible rubbery type finish. Been great for twelve or more years. My gutters and I think all stock gutters have two slits in about thirty or forty mill on the rear corners and are open at the front too. With their natural stance of slightly up at the front, that should suffice.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Where has you slit em ? :unsure:
Could you post a picture of the epoxy mastic if you still have it

As soon as I’m next down the garage, I’ll take a picture of the containers. Probably tomorrow if Mrs Ozziedog doesn’t overload me with chores on my day off. ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,you know what they’re like :)

As soon as I’m next down the garage, I’ll take a picture of the containers. Probably tomorrow if Mrs Ozziedog doesn’t overload me with chores on my day off. ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,you know what they’re like :)
thanks and I know the feeling

Latest posts