First trip away!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marco

Reaction score
Just back from a weeks camping in Cornwall, 900 mile round trip with 6 of us and all our camping stuff :D
was nervous as the furthest I'd driven it was Morecambe before (60 mile round trip). The van behaved itself (except for a few times it didn't want to let us find 1st or reverse) and we didn't hold up too much traffic. Lots of waving and grinning took place all week. Didn't get to take many pics as we were enjoying ourselves too much. Estimated fuel consumption of 22 mpg, not bad for a full van and some big hills.

900 mile round trip with 6 of us and all our camping stuff

Sounds cosy, 6 people and camping stuff. I know what it feels like going on a trip like that, being nervous all the way over there. Especially with other people that you don't want to let down. I'm always more relaxed on the way back.

It's just fun driving our vans around and using them what they were made for and making other people smile too.

Resto-raider said:
900 mile round trip with 6 of us and all our camping stuff

Sounds cosy, 6 people and camping stuff. I know what it feels like going on a trip like that, being nervous all the way over there. Especially with other people that you don't want to let down. I'm always more relaxed on the way back.

It's just fun driving our vans around and using them what they were made for and making other people smile too.

Was a bit cozy, with luggage squashed between seats etc, very nervous to start with, my middle son (13) didn't think we'd make it to the motorway.

Well done, they are all about using and enjoying them.

Ps would look better with black and white/Ali plates rather than the modern yellow one :)

Glad you enjoyed it. I remember my first camping trip in my bus well - I think I was equally worried about whether I'd get there! :D

Graham L said:
Ps would look better with black and white/Ali plates rather than the modern yellow one :)

It might just be the picture making it appear to have a black border, but that rear one looks pretty original to me - it doesn't look like a modern reflective one. I quite like it 8)

Graham L said:
Well done, they are all about using and enjoying them.

They're pressed Ali plates, toyed with black and white but figured the more visible the back end at night the better.

Latest posts