First year(pre Aug 1968) Bay register 2nd & 3rd yr now added

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkeyspinner Tim

Reaction score
I'm putting together an early bay register startiing with the first year of production...

please look at this link and if you own a 68 model year(Aug 1st 1967(vin# 218000001 to 218 202 251) to pre Aug 1st 1968(Vin#219000001) so basically if the 3rd digit is 8) Bay please ad your information on that thread or below on this thread.

http://rhrco.forumotion.com/general-chat-and-introductions-f6/first-yearpre-aug-1968-bay-register-t277.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i already have a web page put together to add all the vehicles in build date/vin# order ad just need the information from you guys...

thanks in advance!

Tim.

Now added

2nd year: http://rhrco.forumotion.com/general-chat-and-introductions-f6/second-yearpost-july-68-pre-aug-1969-bay-register-t285.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3rd year: http://rhrco.forumotion.com/general-chat-and-introductions-f6/third-yearpost-july-69-pre-aug-1970-bay-register-t286.htm#2630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would love to Tim,but with the VIN having been hacked out sometime in the US, gonna be difficult to date! Any how, you know as much about this bus as I do, perhaps more! I did show you the date stamps on the cab doors didn't I? One stamped 3/67 the other 4/67 so they certainly made parts early on. Know you suggested October due to the date on the speedo, but as you said, without the number an exact date cannot be confirmed. Catch ya soon fella.

Pete B said:
Would love to Tim,but with the VIN having been hacked out sometime in the US, gonna be difficult to date! Any how, you know as much about this bus as I do, perhaps more! I did show you the date stamps on the cab doors didn't I? One stamped 3/67 the other 4/67 so they certainly made parts early on. Know you suggested October due to the date on the speedo, but as you said, without the number an exact date cannot be confirmed. Catch ya soon fella.

Erm yeah i was thinking about this one... i've looked at over 10 bay buses speedo clusters and the dates stamped in them have matched the month of manufacture apart from one which is my old Speedmaster westy which is an August Bus with a July cluster. also most of the buses that had all 4 or 5 original wheels also match the month build date. your bus had three wheels stamped 10/67 and the speedo cluster was also stamped 10/67 so i would imagine it is an October 67 Deluxe... it certainly has all the very early Characteristics... so if you want to add it and the details you know, i doubt anyone will argue with that

Pete B wrote:

Erm yeah i was thinking about this one... i've looked at over 10 bay buses speedo clusters and the dates stamped in them have matched the month of manufacture apart from one which is my old Speedmaster westy which is an August Bus with a July cluster. also most of the buses that had all 4 or 5 original wheels also match the month build date. your bus had three wheels stamped 10/67 and the speedo cluster was also stamped 10/67 so i would imagine it is an October 67 Deluxe... it certainly has all the very early Characteristics... so if you want to add it and the details you know, i doubt anyone will argue with that
Pete B said:

has the vin on the dash been removed? or in the engine bay?

Araon said:
has the vin on the dash been removed? or in the engine bay?

First year Bay's don't have a vin tag on the dash or the sticker with the vin# in the door shut(US only), both bulkhead rivit on plates have been removed and the engine bay number has been cut out. this vehicle was basically declared salvage/scrap in the mid 80's(probably due to a very light front impact)and when someone decided to put it back on the road California DMV decided to give it a new identity and vin#... hence the only way of dating the poor old thing is with the stamped on dates. unless we find any dates after 10/67 then i think it's fair to say it is an October 67. as i said before speedo and wheel dates seem to be fairly accurate looking at all the other buses i've imported.

See my posting under 'is yours tucked up for the winter yet' re the v.old one that sailed past us near Okehampton the weekend before last. Small back window and flapper indicators, when I find the bit of paper with the registration on it, I will post it here.
EB

eileanbreagha said:
See my posting under 'is yours tucked up for the winter yet' re the v.old one that sailed past us near Okehampton the weekend before last. Small back window and flapper indicators, when I find the bit of paper with the registration on it, I will post it here.
EB

Split screen?

How the hell do you post on said link?

Can't see a reply button or if I have to register.

Anyhoo.

7 Feb 1968, 228 093854
Ivory Clipper with optional extras seat belts, additional mountings and opening side windows.

Shipped to the US and brought over by me in Jan 2006.

click on link

http://rhrco.forumotion.com/general-chat-and-introductions-f6/first-yearpre-aug-1968-bay-register-t277.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and then to post you first have to register on road house retro. :)

My chassis number is

228 055 867

What does that tell you?

newbay.jpg

ballbag said:
My chassis number is

228 055 867

What does that tell you?

Well Clems is 238055680 and was built on the 27th Nov 67 so yours was only a couple of hundred down the production line...

Latest posts