fitting servo to early bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greasemonkeykl

Reaction score
Has any one any photos of a servo fitted to an early bay mine has the seperate pedals and not a shaft joining them .Has any one fitted a later pedal assemberley to an early bay :?

As a simple minded soul, what has the pedal fitting got to do with the servo fitting? A servo is fitted between the pedal push rod and the master cylinder. So, however your pedals are arranged is not important. Are you thinking of fitting a servo to standard drum brakes or are you thinking of a disc upgrade?

Is it RHD or LHD? depending on the year you might have to fit a remote servo.

Steve

I have just tried to fit a sandard T2 servo to my 69, and found that the peddle assembly on my bus is different to a 1970 bus. You can't change the assembly because the clutch assembly is in the same place as where you need to put the brake assembly I looked at five different buses in all, and my was the only one I couldn't fit the servo to, I hope this helps, I need to find out if I can fit a remote servo, which Creative Engineering sell, I will speak to Dave at Creative and keep you posted.

alpsbay said:
...I need to find out if I can fit a remote servo, which Creative Engineering sell, I will speak to Dave at Creative and keep you posted.

I'm fitting a remote servo from a Mini (of all things) to my '71 bay. It's like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-LOCKHEED-TYPE-REMOTE-BRAKE-SERVO-MGB-TRIUMPH-MINI_W0QQitemZ380010626870QQihZ025QQcategoryZ27380QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know of someone else how has fitted it to a '69 bay (well, it's a bay/split fibre glass front panel conversion), but he's also running Ferrari discs, calipers etc. and all seems to be very effective.

VeeDubMan2 said:
I know of someone else how has fitted it to a '69 bay (well, it's a bay/split fibre glass front panel conversion), but he's also running Ferrari discs, calipers etc. and all seems to be very effective.

Excuse me? :D

Interested to learn more about this 'remote servo' idea , if i upgrade my 1970 drums to discs.

Can anyone else shed any more light ..

Cheers

James

What size are the Ferrari discs, and what wheels does he run to clear the disc/caliper?

Also, very interested in the remote servo as the one in my '71 has died and I believe they are expensive to repair/replace.

Al

Can't remember what he said they were (at least 17" and I think they were Ferrari rims too), but here are some pics below.

It was an earlybay (*sniff*), now with a whole host of plastic (GRP) surgery...oh and a 2110cc FI motor too (I think)

Any idea on the roof conversion? They have no idea...and I'm stumped too.

DSCF7630.jpg

DSCF7631.jpg

The van needed a full-resto anyway and a Bay Splitz kit was going cheap. The project was actually started when Bays weren't as popular and having a splittie was the way to go. Oh how things change eh?

Jeremy's done a good job on it though and working for a Ferrari restorer obviously helps. Lots of machining needed to get the discs, hubs and wheels sorted.

I was thinking about this the other night, does it still require a vacume from the engine ?

Interesting diagram. Can you get dual circuit versions or do you just set it
up for the front brakes only ?

Not a budget solution either at 175 quid either.

Cheers

James

Latest posts