Fitting silent gliss curtain track

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoddy

Reaction score
Hi All

Bought a set of the silent gliss track from madmatz. My bus is going in for a new headliner next month and I'm hoping the chap will fit this for me at the same time.

The track comes pre-drilled but has anyone fitted this themselves before and what did they actually fasten the track with? I'm struggling to find some self tappers small enough.

Cheers
Craig

Your right, they are fitted with small self tappers. If you can't find them in your local shops then have a look online.

Definitely find the small screws don't go bigger if holes are in track the sliders won't slide. I might have some in garage I didn't use I'll look tomorrow

http://www.burtsbusemporium.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hey, I got mine at this place while I was there camping They also offered to fit or deliver, the owners are a lovely couple who I think do attend some of the shows.

Although I guess you can now Google too.

I found it best to drill pilot holes first as the screws were not strong enough to self tap. I also bought a screwdriver that fitted the screws perfectly. Hogseye is on the money though, you need to get the proper screws otherwise the hooks won't slide smoothly with the curtains.

Can anyone tell me if they are pan head screws? Just found some no.2 x 1/2" Pozi pan heads on eBay. Think these are the right size.

sorry didnt get a chance to look today the screws are tapered and take a flat head screw driver, these might be the people i got mine off

Latest posts