• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale 1776 bits: Twin port heads, cam, crank. Kadrons

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulcalf

Reaction score
Complete set Kadron carbs, with linkage, air cleaners etc. modified for use with vacuum distributor for improved acceleration and economy.

Pair stock valve VW twin port cylinder heads, cut for 90.5mm (1776cc) with mild port and polish. These heads are very desirable and very hard to get hold of now.

Standard Forged VW crankshaft and stock conrods.

Mild performance cam – 4061 Bugpack with 370 duration and 396" lift

Oversized New Barrels
(Basically a long block, without the crankcase, bearings and cam followers)

Originally built by renowned VW engine builder Paul Miller at Harry Harpics in Essex. The engine was sweet as a nut and used to fly up hills on motorways at 70+mph. The engine has done 25,000 trouble free miles since it was built (Mileage can be documented).

After being stored for many years I shipped the engine off to Harry Harpics to see if it could be rebuilt. Once taken apart I was told that the engine had signs of sitting around. The case, heads, cam and crank assembly are ok. The middle bearing is a bit worn, so new sets of bearings would be required. The worst items are the barrels. They are quite rusty and will possibly clean up, but also depend on weather the corrosion has pitted them, in which case they will be trashed.

I knew Harry Harpics could build a sweet engine and to cut a very long story short I decided to upgrade to a 2110cc, rather than get him to rebuild this 1776. So the crankcase from my 1776cc was reused for my 2110cc. The bearings have been ditched as have the cam followers but everything else from the original Harry Harpic built engine will be for sale (ideally together).

The crank, the cam and the heads are all OK as far as we can tell, but assume the barrels/pistons are past it and will need replacing (It’s a bonus if you can clean them up). The engine was always run on Quantum oil, regularly serviced and ran sweet as a nut, which is why I took it back to Harry Harpics to get it rebuilt. I would hold onto these 1776 bits, but the 2110cc has made a massive dent in my wallet.

Grab yourself a bargain on some 1776cc engine bits

Carbs £250

Crank, con rods, Camshaft, pushrods and heads £750 included for free are the barrels and pistons , plus an old flywheel, old oil cooler, old alternator

I don't really want to split the engine bits as they are all perfectly matched for a sweet running 1776 motor.

Looking for a twin carb set up for my future 1776. Any pics please and how old / history.

Thanks

Latest posts