• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

for sale 1972 reg'd 73 tax exempt RHD bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubdubz

Reaction score
There's always a story to these ads but I won't bore you with all the details, bar I bought an early white westy and since not having a job right now...both are to be sold!

so a few details and then I'll add some pics if anyone truly interested. I'd also expect the buyer to view 1st tbh, as I note there are a few picture hunters around it seems.........geniune interested parties will be given priority.

So it's a made 72 registered in 73 , so tax exempt and is stated as so on the logbook in my name.

I have owned the van oct 2003.

I have had lots of welding done on it...to get it super solid and during the last 8 years it has been on the road 2 or 3 times. I am getting it ready for an MOT now.

RHD. The sills both sides have been repaired and the normal locations, rear valance, front inners. It has 2 import doors and I'll probably sell with the propex.
It runs a very good 1600 gearbox with a rebuilt [by me] 1600 twin port engine. It has had new heads, barrels and pistons, new main bearings and new cam bearings. All the tinware is german and been painted black.

What else it's insured for agreed value of £6k which I know doesn't mean a lot. It has been resprayed in Agave green [2pack] with a Pearlwhite roof [2pak again], all new window rubbers throughout.
It has been lowered 6inches maybe on an adjustable 4" narrowed front beam with all new balljoints, all new disc and calipers..in fact the whole braking system has been gone through and whatever needed replacing was. Black Empi 5 spokes.......

So I'm starting the interior right now and if sold right now would come with 12months MOT and tax, a RNR bed and the side panelling...if I don't sell right now then I'm going to keep going and put a camper interior in.

Of course we need pics I appreciate that and just want to fit the bumpers before doing so......

Van is located in Peterborough so easy access from A1 and offers on £5k

nothing sells without a pic so against my better judgement a sneaky one..it has not been washed or had it's full polish, eagle eyes will notice the lower indicators so it looks like a x over.......

IMG_1771.jpg

sorry Steve - currently I have a large deposit for this bus...if it does fall through I'll get in touch. The new owners are hoping to collect on the 7th of August....don't suppose you want a 68 Westy with a balanced twin carb'd 1745cc, lowered with transporterhaus spindles for £8.5k???

as due to a lack of work/job that will have to go too.........

GUTTED!! LOVE THE LOOK OF THAT VAN, GOT £7000 TO SPEND, WOULD'NT INSULT YOU AS LOVE THE LOOK OF THIS 1, AND I TAKE IT THE 1 AT 8.5 IS EVEN BETTER? PLEASE KEEP ME IN MIND IF YOUR SALE FALLS THROUGH CAUSE I WILL BE STRAIGHT DOWN 2 RIP THE KEY'S OUT YER HANDS

Latest posts