• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: RARE early bay tailgate from Police Bus - twin window

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morphim

Reaction score
Hello.
I'm having a clear-out and still have a few early bay parts, following the sale of my bus a couple of years ago so please see the other items I have.

FOR SALE: £450
Extremely RARE Early Bay tailgate from Police van.(will also fit later split screen buses)
Has a 'church key' type lock in the centre that deploys two square section rods into the bodywork each side (no key I'm afraid)
It also features two, narrow, horizontal windows.

Very rare. I took this off the van in the early 1990s and I've never seen a van like this before or since. The van was an early 1970s bay window type 2 and had UK plates. Unfortunately the van itself was crashed and in a scrap yard. I wish I'd saved the whole thing now.

Anyway, The bottom has given away and will need fixing but the rest isn't too bad and definitely worth saving to make your van / bus totally unique.

You can see a thread on this tailgate from a few years ago here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8362008

Price doesn't include any shipping. You can collect if you're close enough in the UK or get in touch for me to look into shipping.

Payment via paypal.

Any questions, please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_7770.JPG

IMG_7771.JPG

IMG_7772.JPG

IMG_7773.JPG

This is what the bus looked like originally (not the buses this came off, just a ref photo)

vw_police_bus.jpg

Latest posts