French Slammer Products from Midland Early Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
Midland Early Bay are pleased to announce that they are now the UK stockist for the complete French Slammer range of products from Vintage Autohaus in France.

This includes narrowed ball joint beams, dropped spindles for drum & disc brakes, yes you read that correctly for drum brake spindles, 71/72 discs set up and the late bay disc set up as well as spindles to take 944 brakes, adjustable rear spring plates and so much more.

More details to follow so watch this space but in the meantime if you are looking to lower your bus then get in touch as we have an order of parts arriving soon.

Prices to follow but the beam comes as a complete set up you just add the dampers you want and the correct dropped spindles for your set up, simples :lol: :lol:

Pictures of dropped spindles to follow

Ok so I hope Roger doesn't mind me posting this on here but his was the first bus to be booked in for the FRench Slammer treatment, we were prepping the bus for its first MOT as well so the work has been carried out over the last few weeks and today it passed its MOT so thought I'd post these comparison pics.

When it arrived..........

And today....................

Bus is running Drum Drop Spindles on a French Slammer 11cm narrowed beam and FS adjustable spring plates on the rear, ride height still needs to be finalised but hope you like :D

Ok so we've now done a couple of conversions with more booked in so thought its time to post some [ics which you may have already seen on other threads but here goes:

Andrews Bus Specification
FRONT

French Slammer 11cm Narrowed Ball Joint Beam
French Slammer 71/72 Dropped Spindles
KYB Gas Adjust Dampers 410-265
14" Stock Steelies running 185/55/14's (from Memory)
REAR
Adjustable spring plates already fitted
14" Stock Steelies running 185/75/14's (from Memory)

Rogers Bus Specification
FRONT

French Slammer 11cm Narrowed Ball Joint Beam
French Slammer DRUM Dropped Spindles
15" Porsche Chromies running 165/50/15's
REAR
French Slammer Adjustable spring plates (no Spline drop)
15" Porsche Chromies running 185/65/15's

PRICING IS AS FOLLOWS
French Slammer Narrowed Beam with Adjusters (either 8 or 11cm)..............£1120
(complete with arms, new Steering Pin, Steering Arm, Tie Rod, ie ready to bolt on)
FrenchSlammer Dropped Spindles either Drum 71/72 or Late Bay..................£499
French Slammer Rear Adjustable Spring Plates................................................£245

If you are happy to exchange your complete beam then price drops to £975 and for exchange spindles they drop to £450.

We recommend fitting KYB Gas Adjust dampers front & rear and from the usual suppliers they work out at £110 a pair
You may also need to change your front tyre size but that depends on running height etc.

Fitting is extra

All Prices quoted include VAT @ 20%

Hope that helps and let me know if I can be of any assistance, watch this space for a Busfest Discount Package 8)

New order just gone in with VA for a new delivery of French Slammer bits, not too late to add to it if anyone wants any bits

Been a bit busy in the workshop over the last few months but just to say that our own bus is now fitted with a French Slammer 11cm Narrowed beam so if you want to test the set up before buying then feel free to get in touch, around most weekends at the unit :)

More photos to follow but here you go:

Latest advert we are running in Hayburner :)

What height drop do the dropped spindles achieve??
They look quite low!!!?,
My transporterhaus ones were 3.5" , but I found that a bit hard to live with, a mate of mine has wagon west ones fitted 2.5" drop, he says they're quite easy to live with
,?!

Hi Lee

They are the same as the wagen west ones 2.5" or 6cm whichever you prefer :lol:, its the combination of the dropped spindles and narrowed beam with adjusters that get you low :)

Hi Graham, spoke to you a while ago regarding pricing and info on 71 beam and spindle set up. do you have any pictures with the 2" narrowed beam? im thinking the only ones currently shown are the 4" set up, will the 2" be suitable for a good drop with either stock rims or 15" fuch replica wheels?

veedubd said:
Hi Graham, spoke to you a while ago regarding pricing and info on 71 beam and spindle set up. do you have any pictures with the 2" narrowed beam? im thinking the only ones currently shown are the 4" set up, will the 2" be suitable for a good drop with either stock rims or 15" fuch replica wheels?

To be honest I dont at the moment, most people opt for the 4" (11cm) as it gives you the greatest clearance for lowering, at 2" (which is an inch either side) you are only just clearing the slope thats inside the edge of the wheel arch, stock 14's would work but may still be restricted and it depends on the offset of the Fuch replicas as to how low you could go. Also depends on how 'low you want to go' 8)

Thanks for the reply maybe 4" is the way to go, im not planning on notching or tubbing but just looking at the lowest possible on dropped spindles and beam and adjustable rear spring plates. I think offset of wheels (fuch) is usually et20 thats what ive seen advertised anyway. Thanks again for the info and help mate :)

Managed to get some up to date photos of our bus today so Just thought Id update this thread...

French Slammer UK set up on our own early bay:
Front..
11cm French Slammer Beam
French Slammer Drum Dropped Spindles
KYB Gas Adjust Dampers
165/55-15 XL on Enkei Wide 5 Slot Mags
Rear..
Adjustable Spring Plates
KYB Gas Adjust Dampers
185/65-15 on Enkei Wide 5 Slot Mags

Graham what make are the tyres ? Also what Is the arch to ground measurement on the front please.

Hi Sam
Not in the unit tomorrow but can measure the arch to ground measurement on Monday, from experience with previous buses it's around 21" but will double check.

The tyres are the only XL rated 165's I could find to increase the weight loading slightly and they are Achilles ATR-K ECONOMIST 165/50 R15 75V XL

Hi Mate

Yes they add 10mm each side, we are at Volksworld and happy to do deals for members of the forum :)

Latest posts