Front beam grease seals

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbuser

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Transportahause 4 inch narrowed adjustable front beam. Does anyone know if standard VW beam grease seals with the metal cups fit this beam?
Cheers Andy.

It’s something that annoyed me when fitting my THaus beam that there isn’t any provision for the metal end caps. What it means is that when fitting the seals, although they locate on the trailing arms, they just kind of push up against the end of the beam tube, which isn’t ideal as the profile isn’t correct to match the seals.

I posted up something similar when fitting mine, as I wanted to ask what others had done when narrowing the leaves. There’s two options, cut and drill the leaves so that the arms sit as far into the tube as possible without fouling and run with no seals, or space the arms out slightly so that the seals sit snugly between arms and tube.

I chose to fit the seals to at least give some protection against ingress of road filth, but it would have been nice to see some provision for using standard seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts