Front beam set up question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robo

Reaction score
Would this work.?1970 early bay
Standard beam with dropped spindles with wide five csp disk brake conversion kit . Standard steel wheels. Would I have clearance in wheel arc tub? Don’t really want to narrow front beam and want to have ride quality of dropped spindles😀. Thought I’d ask before purchase and assembly. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Hard to answer without knowing which spindles...

What's the drop on them?

P.S. dropped spindles don't magically improve your ride quality - so if that's your reason for swapping then you might want to rethink. Proper shocks (of the right sizes and ratings) are the main ingredient that will do that for you.

gvee said:
Hard to answer without knowing which spindles...

What's the drop on them?

P.S. dropped spindles don't magically improve your ride quality - so if that's your reason for swapping then you might want to rethink. Proper shocks (of the right sizes and ratings) are the main ingredient that will do that for you.

Hi there I’m currently running a rusty cut&turned and welded beam with drum brakes but have a solid beam which I plan to refurb and convert to disks. Was gonna buy 2” dropped spindles and csp disk kit. I believe my tyre sizes are 185/65/14.

sparkywig said:
If you're running standard tyres, then they will rub on the outer edges of the arches and the wheel tubs. I'm not sure if the CSP brake kit widens the track as well to make more rubbage.
[/Hi there I’m currently running a rusty cut&turned and welded beam with drum brakes but have a solid beam which I plan to refurb and convert to disks. Was gonna buy 2” dropped spindles and csp disk kit. I believe my tyre sizes are 185/65/14.