front height

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gurelk

Reaction score
S8000269.jpg

i have a 1970. it was built as an ambulance and previous owner changed it as a camper or microbus.
the problem is front beam, suspension etc. the height is looks too much and someone said that it is because of the front beam was replaced with a late bay's beam.

do you know anything about it?

Looks more like your rear is sagging. Check the shock absorbers, if they are ancient or weeping replace them, and if need be lift the rear a little. That will also have the effect of dropping the nose as the bus will then sit level. Also check you haven't got gas shocks on the front.

http://www.ratwell.com/technical/SwayBars.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ratwell.com/technical/FAQ/FAQContent.html#0504" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stock buses are generally nose up unladen anyway, but yours looks like it definitely looks as thought the back is sagging as jason said. Angle of the photo doesnt help either :)

Try not parking on a hill. :lol:

Oh, and it'll be your torsion bars sagging, not your shocks.

Slammed said:

:) i know photo seems like hill but it is not
do you mean torsion bars sagging due to parking on a hill or front height is like this because of torsion bars

gurelk said:
Slammed said:

:) i know photo seems like hill but it is not
do you mean torsion bars sagging due to parking on a hill or front height is like this because of torsion bars

Is that telegraph straight and the buildings behind are on the piss then?! :lol:

Torsion bars sagging due to age/weight in the back possibly. I can be rectified by turning the rear torsion bars to bring the height back up, but I'd be inclined to drop the front a littel instead to compensate.

If you want to reset the back I'd probably go down two outers and up one inner.

Latest posts