Front 'low' lights fill with water.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickles

Reaction score
my front indicators keep filling with water. unscrewed one yesterday and it was half full. anyone got a solution to this. I'm not really sure how it is getting in in the first place.

Pickles said:
my front indicators keep filling with water. unscrewed one yesterday and it was half full. anyone got a solution to this. I'm not really sure how it is getting in in the first place.
How are the seals? If okay and the covers are right down I suggest trying some clear silicon.

Davydomes said:
Pickles said:
How are the seals? If okay and the covers are right down I suggest trying some clear silicon.

Thanks, I think that is what I will have to do.

Try and stay away from silicone if you can, it will work though but it might give you issues if you need some paint doing in the future. If it`s not a cracked lens, which is so easy to check, then it could be one of three things. First it could be a dented body that is not allowing the the lens to seal to the body, secondly it could be a broken lens which will stop a nice seal with the body and thirdly it could be a dried out or broken seal which might strangely stop a decent seal occurring ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,might be worth a gander around the back too :mrgreen:

Most likely cause is the seal not fitting around the lens properly. It is very difficult getting a good rubber seal to fit but if you get them stretched around the edge of the lens and screw the lens down tight that should stop it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts