Front Middle Cross Member, Is this correct

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironage

Reaction score
Hi

Just recieved a new replacement cross member and it has 3x large holes in it (same size as Heater Tube one) is this correct please? The old one only has one, it looks original?

Also is it possible to drop the front of the heater tube down to push the cross member over it then offer the assembly into position i really dont want to disconnect Tube and wiring loom etc, maybe i can slot a bit out fit it then weld it back up?

Any tips would be most welcome on fitting this part please

Many Thanks

Graham

i had a problem with cross members,but sure it was because mine was a 68 and the chassis legs were wider.as long as it fits the slot i would use it. its probably off a late bay or one made for the mexico buses.quite a few of the parts you get if origanaly made for mexico buses are diferent like this.

thanks for the reply, i've fitted it and it fits really well, it also has captive nuts for the belly pan to be bolted, i think i'll do the rear as well as it needs a repair and i'm pleased with the front, starting to look new again under there :D

Latest posts