Front shoes.Which way round ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tricksum

Reaction score
Had my front drums of for the first time and Think the shoes may of been fitted wrong way round
Though the brakes were operating reasonably could you please confirm Which end fits in the cylinder and which fits in the adjuster.Thanks

Good pic. There are two cylinders on the front brakes. One at the top and one at the bottom, they face opposite ways. They have a slot for the brake shoe to fit in that’s the square tab in your pic. Top of shoe on the left and at the bottom of the right shoe. On the other side of each cylinder is the star adjuster and the flatter end of the shoe fits in this.

Is this how your brake shoes are fitted? If you have a Haynes manual it is helpful, or a copy of Bentley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ok.
Haynes states on page 123 paragraph 8 that the smaller tab fits in He adjuster.!
Bentley has resolved the confusion with a very clear image.Thanks All.

Tricksum said:
Ok.
Haynes states on page 123 paragraph 8 that the smaller tab fits in He adjuster.!
Bentley has resolved the confusion with a very clear image.Thanks All.

I don't understand that line either, it mentions 'web' which doesnt make sense to me. :?:

Picture tells a thousand words and all that!

The Web,
I think you’ll find that The Web is in fact the metal construction of the brake shoe before the brake shoe lining is put on, so just the metal bit that’s a curve to accept the lining plus the strengthener to hold the shoe in shape and to hold the shoe retainers and the springs etc etc. Once the lining is welded / riveted / bonded on then usually it’s just referred to as a ‘brake shoe’. I think someone has gone a little OTT with ‘I knows sum big words’ ‘dunneye’ :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ozziedog ,,,,,,, I doooos big uns toooo. :lol: :p :lol:

Latest posts