• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS 1970 Patina’d Sunroof Deluxe SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thru_a_lupe

Reaction score
PRICE REDUCED AS I HAVE FOUND THE PERFECT BEETLE I WANT TO BUY! - £13750 GBP FIRM.

Bus was imported about 13 years ago I believe. Started life in LA then Portland Oregon before coming to the UK via Roadhouse Retro.
I’m the 2nd proper owner in the UK.

I bought the bus as a complete stocker and set about sensibly putting it closer to the ground and refurbing the interior to what you now see.

Details as follows...
Mechanics - Strong Stock trouble free 1600 Single Port - pulls well, if a little slow! Fitted with electronic points and had a new fuel pump and coil fairly recently.
Front lowered on Transporterhaus 4 inch narrowed beam and Transporterhaus flipped spindles.
KYB Excel shortened front Shocks.
2.5 inch Trailer Queen Restos front tubs.
Rear lowered on the splines and Creative Engineering Adjustable Springplates.
KYB Gas A Just shortened rear shocks.
SSP Sprintstars not Chrome BBT Sprints as in some pics
Steering box has been refurbed at some point I think.

Interior- Full width Westfalia Rock n Roll bed re-covered in coffee sacks by my wife. Floor trimmed in Seagrass/sisal carpet. Original Wood ply headliner (has had a leak in one corner at some point but I felt it important to keep the original in place) Period homemade fold down table. Brand new basket weave cab seat covers in the last few weeks! Rear jailbars fitted. Other than that... all original items... dash, steering wheel, door cards etc etc.

Sunroof doesn’t work using the winder but can be opened by hand!!! Needs new cables and a refurb

Paint is mostly OG patina/sun bleach, except where it’s had a few repairs over the years. Personally I love the look... but it’s a good honest solid contender for a resto should you want to do that. Plenty of ‘history’ dents and dings and bottoms of the cab doors are ropey. Sliding door is in good shape and slides nicely. Bright work is as to be expected on a vehicle of this age. Other than that... good and solid. Gutters are in great shape as are the wheel arches. All 6 sunroof drain holes are clear and functional.

Has different keys for different doors. Since I’ve owned it a few of the lock barrels have disintegrated so I’ve replaced with what I could get my hands on. £500+ for 5 barrels with one key seems absurd to me!!!

Comes with a storm force waterproof cover and thermo mats for all the windows.
I can also supply with the original beam, spindles and another set of front drums, trailing arms, spring plates and front shocks should you wish to put back to stock.

Price is £15995 ovno. Or may consider a trade with the ‘Right’ pre 65 beetle and cash my way.
Located near Exeter in Devon and viewings welcome. PM me in the first instance!
Cheers!

Splitstock63... had 2 replies on here from you but none of them seem to be showing?!?

MOD EDIT - Not a glitch. Forum rules are that 'chat' comments are deleted. That means that third party critisisms and 'nice bus' bumps are all deleted equally. Owners/sellers can bump a thread but not anyone chiming in. Nothing personal, just keeping the sale threads tidy.

Thanks. :)

ttt... price reduced for quick sale as I have found the perfect beetle that I want to buy!
£13750 GBP Firm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts