Fuch or Fooks, which is best?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buss69

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, firstly not sure if this should be in Technical or here as it covers both really.

I'm looking at buying some new rims, the front suspension will end up being full wishbone from Red9 with mid-low setup and rear will be their rear disc brake conversion.

The rims in question are either Flat 4 Fuch Chromed replicas with a 45 mm Offset ET in a 130 PCD Porsche pattern,

OR

the SSP Fooks Chromed with a 20mm offset ET in a 112 PCD VW pattern

If I go Porsche pattern the hubs will be re-drilled to help eliminate spacer issues.

My first question really is of quality, the Flat 4's should be the best given the cost, but is this simply brand hype.
What is the quality of the chrome work from either brand?
Who has tried either wheel option?
And, which is the better fit, the wheels widths will probably be 5.5 width all round or 5.5 on the rear, 4.5 on the front? Has anyone tried anything wider on the rear?

I'm thinking Flat 4 because the ET is closer to that of the Original VW (35mm?) but but would love to hear all opinions and experiences. Thanks all.

If you want detailed, get SSP plain wheels and then have them detailed yourself. :) SSP are good quality wheels. Flat 4 are also excellent.

Buss69 said:
Clem said:
If you want detailed, get SSP plain wheels and then have them detailed yourself. :) SSP are good quality wheels. Flat 4 are also excellent.

Cheers Clem, have you used either wheel at all?

Not me but my workshop buddy has the polished SSP Fooks on his 69 Westy. They are the 5x112 fitment as his van has later running gear fitted. Nice quality wheels ... just need detailing imo. :)

Clem said:

We sell our wheels to lots of people that have winning show cars that are on our wheels done exactly as Clem has said, bought the polished wheels and then detailed them and then won awards at Volksworld etc with our wheels on and no one has even noticed they are not detailed OG wheels. ;) :mrgreen:

Alex VW Heritage said:
Clem said:

We sell our wheels to lots of people that have winning show cars that are on our wheels done exactly as Clem has said, bought the polished wheels and then detailed them and then won awards at Volksworld etc with our wheels on and no one has even noticed they are not detailed OG wheels. ;) :mrgreen:

Thanks Alex, I'm looking at CHROMED wheels so the finish detail has got to be good obviously before they are chromed. I'm also interested in quality more than the need to fool anyone. Your thoughts chap, cheers.

My advice would be talk to people that use them,

http://www.spikesvintagerestorations.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andy uses our wheels for cutsomers and himself.

Latest posts