Fuel breather pipe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren2030

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hi, Have been working on the fuel tank recently replacing filler pipe and new fuel filter inside tank and noticed a small pipe in the top right corner of the engine bay which comes from the fuel breather above the tank. Question is that I no longer have the charcoal filter anymore where do I put this pipe to? I’ve got an original oil bath filter I’m going to put on instead of the chrome pancake shite and have heard it’s possible to vent to this but bit concerned about any back fire could I not just vent it to the atmosphere?

Cheers darren

Hi mate sorry bout pics but can ya see the small metal pipe in the top right corner this is the one bud comes from the fuel breather pipe on top of the tank I’ve never done anything with it since I’ve had the bus can’t say I noticed it until I took out the tank etc lol it’s an 70 Westy earlybay import u.s

Cheers darren

Hi sparkywig thanks for the reply mate would it be safe enough to do that do ya reckon only I was concerned about if ever the engine backfired and without the charcoal canister in place to take out the vapour of the petrol it could then cause problems leading straight to the tank!? I’m no expert fella just something I read somewhere and bit paranoia to honest bud

Cheers darren

Latest posts