Fuel sender location? Where to drill

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

911gt2

Reaction score
Does anybody have the measurements of where to drill to be right on top of the fuel sender so I can mount the fuel sender acces hatch from hayburner. (Preferebly from the left side out as the westy closet is on the other side)
49389723_253980738854073_8677838798589001728_n_1024x1024@2x.jpg

49450573_326514634625026_4164395707471495168_n_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Here is a pic of the fuel tank out of my 71, I don't have measurements but it fits snugly in the fuel cell so you should be able to estimate where to cut.

Hi it's many years since I did it, I think it was dead on the centre line of the vehicle, your unit looks about right back to front. How abut drilling a large hole where the centre line of the hatch would go and shine a torch to see where you are. The tank is quite close so fit a depth attachment to your drill for safety. I found then that you could cut the hole with a jigsaw, shorten the blade if you're not sure. Hope this helps. Mike

Why not give Hayburner a call? Surprised they don't list it on there site. If that doesn't bear fruit PM me (because then I get an email notification) and I will go measure mine... just a bit early to go clattering around the garage right now :D

Are the tanks all the same? I've noticed on your FB post that there are about 3 different measurements suggested. Could you drill a test hole say 10mm and shine a torch in so you can see if you're on target? I've got to do the same as my sender has failed. Please let us know what measurements you use.

If you can hang on to the weekend and maybe give me a nudge to remind me... I'll measure mine.

911. Kneeling on the r&r bed, to the centre is 810 mm from the right ( measuring from the van side proper and not a panel) and 100 mm back towards the tail-gate, this was from the inner ridge where 810 mm sits. Hope that make sense... if not, PM me your number and I'll explain.

Mine is easy to access as I’m in the middle of putting my 71 back together at the moment.. happy to take some pics and measurements if needed... let me know.

Took me a while to remember the website as it, sadly, is no longer in existence.

But thank goodness for the WayBackMachine! https://web.archive.org/web/20190429081452/http://www.specialpatrolgroup.co.uk/spooky/access/access.html

Latest posts