Glastonbury 2022 - Taking bus but no campervan pass?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

Walt

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm awaiting confirmation in next few days of a crew/volunteer role for next week; I've normally gone as a punter having stayed in both east and west campervan fields in the past.

Have thought about travelling there in my bus but I don't have a campervan pass.

1) is it safe to leave it parked in the purple/blue carparks (i.e. is this staff/volunteer parking?) I've read a few stories about the car parks not being that secure. I have a pass for this area.

I know I won't be able to sleep in the bus, but that's not a problem; it's more a question of how secure it is. I get the feeling it's not.

2) Is the campervan west site still there? Saw a map before showing "sticklinch" campsite which looked to be non-campervans.

Cheers,
Steve

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi
I don't think the car parks are particularly at risk from theft etc. A lot of the bad reputation is from the olden days, its a different place completely now. That said, loads of people and loads of opportunists, so take reasonable precautions.
West camping has been changed now to a pre-erected boutique camping area. We are camping at the B&W showground this year as we couldn't get a pass for East. Bit miffed about having to shuttle bus off site, but it is what it is.
Have a great time. :)

Walt

Reaction score
Hi
I don't think the car parks are particularly at risk from theft etc. A lot of the bad reputation is from the olden days, its a different place completely now. That said, loads of people and loads of opportunists, so take reasonable precautions.
West camping has been changed now to a pre-erected boutique camping area. We are camping at the B&W showground this year as we couldn't get a pass for East. Bit miffed about having to shuttle bus off site, but it is what it is.
Have a great time. :)

Thanks Clem - I'll pop by at somepoint;
Are you still near the corner in Williams Green?

Did think about trying to chance parking up in the B&W showground; but I'm guessing that with the West Campervan field no longer open to vans then there's shortage of van pitches; Was in West a few years back & although it's smaller than East, it still holds hundreds of vans.

Fingers crossed for some good weather!

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Clem - I'll pop by at somepoint;
Are you still near the corner in Williams Green?

Did think about trying to chance parking up in the B&W showground; but I'm guessing that with the West Campervan field no longer open to vans then there's shortage of van pitches; Was in West a few years back & although it's smaller than East, it still holds hundreds of vans.

Fingers crossed for some good weather!
No trading this year as the stall business has been retired :(
We are just there as regular punters this time so looking forward to more free time.

Weather look promising! :D

Walt

Reaction score
No trading this year as the stall business has been retired :(
We are just there as regular punters this time so looking forward to more free time.

Weather look promising! :D

Sounds great - Enjoy your free time.

...Think I'll still be packing the wellies though - Just incase!

Voyager

Reaction score
I would be more concerned about getting off the site again if the weather is bad, although the forecast seems to be OK this year. I last went in 2007 in a BMW X5, and had to be towed off by a tractor! Luckily we left on Sunday night and avoided the total chaos of Monday.

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
B&W showground is ok in wet weather , they first used it in 2016 when they could no longer get vehicles on site safely due to the mud.
That said , as I packed up that year I watched loads of modern rented fwd motor homes wheelspinning into the ground . I started my camper up and drove straight past them and out! :D

Latest posts