Google Chrome App Store

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunning plan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Clipper / Microbus
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Awesome! :party0021:

Have fun. :cooter:

Ok - sell it to me! :D

I am a Google fan, but have never really persevered with Chrome - tried it when it first came out, but couldn't find anything on screen :lol: - do these apps suddenly make it worth another try and a move from Firefox?

angus said:
...and when is the OS arriving? :lol:

No idea! :|

angus said:
Ok - sell it to me! :D

I am a Google fan, but have never really persevered with Chrome - tried it when it first came out, but couldn't find anything on screen :lol: - do these apps suddenly make it worth another try and a move from Firefox?

I preferred Firefox but I now (have to) use Safari, IE, FF and Chrome. Out of all of them I prefer Chrome, it is just much quicker, search from URL bar, it's lighter on system resources, integrates more with Google services (press the plus icon as if you are opening a new tab to see what I mean - Apps, Gmail are all there rather than having to go to that webpage etc).

As long as you show the 'bookmarks toolbar' it is very easy to navigate in the browser. Just add a bookmark, right click - edit, delete the name, press ok, then you have just the icon sitting on the top bar ready to be browsed to for fast bookmarking - do that with everything you usually bookmark.

The other and perhaps the BEST feature of Chrome is that is Syncs your account with other Chromes you login to. So if I use my girlfriend's Macbook, I want to have all of my bookmarks and settings on there without having to set it all up again - with Chrome you can just tell the account to sync, Chrome then downloads everything from Google's servers and you instantly have a carbon copy of your browser. That's the brilliant thing about everything stored by Google and not on the computer.

So, my work iMac, my MacPro, my girlfriends MBP, my laptop etc etc, all have the same settings and bookmarks etc etc. If I don't want a link there anymore, I delete it and it is deleted on all the other 'Chromes' that are synced. Perfect for that 'part' on eBay you found at work that you want to bid on when you get home - just drag it to bookmarks top bar, go home and it is there ready and waiting for you.

Have a play, it is gooood.

Justin & Muttley said:
I'm an avid Firefox fan and din't get on with Chrome at all - why use a 'faster' browser and then slow it down with loads of plugins?

;)

The genius of Google / Chome and soon the Chrome OS is that nothing is 'installed', they are Apps that are run online linked to your Google account. You could run them all with a 10MB harddisk. ;)

So you have fast, Apps and a generally lighter browser which enables you to search directly from URL bar.

Great to see the real interactive internet / HTML 5 / 'net 2.0' being developed. Also promotes Google's stand-alone computer OS to give you some idea of what that is like to use and paves the way nicely for a fully functional and supported tablet OS to compete with the iPad.

WHS ^^

and the major bonus for me - each browser runs in it's own address space, so if a browser hangs you don't have to close all your windows ;)

I loves google chrome so will be checking out the apps - cheers!

Latest posts