Great advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougievdub

Reaction score
Hi all. Very new to this forum, although I wish I'd found it sooner. I've been restoring my early bay for about a year and he's finally taking shape. I rescued him from continuing to be a donor of parts for another bay and have slowly been identifying and collecting all the missing parts which are now being screwed back together. I also have to say that he is my first ever restoration and there have been times when I perhaps wished I'd started with something a bit smaller! Anyway, reading through all the posts and advice on here I'm getting on a lot quicker now.....thanks everyone

Welcome. Speaking from experience, it doesn't take that long once your getting hands on and reading all the advice on here to be able to pass on your own words of wisdom. Keep doing the hands on and reading and questioning the forum and soon you will be answering other people. By the way let's see the pics

Welcome to the forum.

As others have said, it would be interesting to see a few pictures of you project. Or you could even start a build thread in the gallery section. :)

Welcome to the forum.

I was in your position 5 years ago restoring a 72' UK bus and found this site and the advice given invaluable.

Make sure you take lots of pics to track your achievements, and don't try and eat the elephant. Little bits at a time, and don't beat yourself up if it goes wrong. At the end of it you will have a good bus and know it inside out.

Then its time to enjoy it :D :D :D

Welcome, sounds like you have jumped in at the deep end!

Well worth checking out the traders section of the forum as most companies including ourselves offer some discount to forum members!

Welcome. I wouldn't have my bay with out these lot there always helpful you always get a reply if you post owt :mrgreen:

Here's a couple of pics of what's been done so far. From the day I picked him up, him after I sandblasted him, some of his indirectly painted. Thanks for the advice and I'll keep posting pics of his progress :)

Latest posts