Gutter repair rear corners!!!! how did you fix it?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironage

Reaction score
Hi

one area that needs a repair on our van is the area by the drain slot on the rear corner gutters, bit bubbly and corroded, i think this is common? i'd be interested to know how people have tackled this repair? make a new piece? or is anyone doing a section? pics would be great

many thanks

Graham

Pics would be great but some people just can`t manage the tecky stuff ( ME ). :lol: :? :lol: Mine were ( corners ) a liittle rusty so I thought but the further I cut out, the further it went, right into the subframe / roof support. Ended up taking the whole roof off and half or more of the subframe, :cry: I hope to hell that yours ain`t as bad as mine was, or you`ll know a lot about drilling out spotwelds (as I learned) :shock: . I tried a couple of different places for the gutter replacements but they weren`t the same profile and the corners were unobtainable. Try some of the guys on here for some roof corner cuts, that`s the only real solution i think, without doing what I did or getting half a ton of f glass. I tried making bits up, but it is quite a complex bit to repair with the corners, and shapes etc, and very hard to get right with out a half ton of filler. Let`s hope that once it`s exposed, it`s just a small corner cut :) Someone on here should be able to supply one or two of them, get the mig out and Bob`s your uncle. :roll: ;) :roll:

Ozziedog

:shock: thanks for your replies , i'll try afew dealers and see what they have, i agree its a tricky bit to make right i'd better see how far the rust go's. :cry:

That other fella that replied about needing rear body cuts, is supposed to be a mate of mine :shock: He was going to give me a crash course in how to put up the photos easily, but it seems to have slipped his memory :roll: :roll: I spose I`ll have to figure it out for myself when we get a cold winter night. :lol: ;) :lol:
Good luck with the corners though, try and get some piccys up, I`ll have a go meself at the piccys and see if I can make some work. :lol: :) ;) :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Techno, Techno, Tech no no no, :lol: 8) :lol:

[photobucket][/photobucket]

That worked well then didn`t it !!! Only took me half an hour to come up with nothing :!:

Ozziedog,,,,,, back to the drawing board :lol:

lol, on your photo on Photobucket theres a box next to it with aload of codes etc, the last one reads IMG code, copy that and paste it in your message and all will be good :D

Yikes, my Mum told me never pick your spots!!!!!! wish i'd listened, so who might have cut out bits for these corners? please

stanleythecamperrearcorners002.jpg

stanleythecamperrearcorners004.jpg

stanleythecamperrearcorners005.jpg

stanleythecamperrearcorners007.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the advice etc, I've just ordered a back of roof cut out of a californian bus so that should sort it!

ozziedog said:
That other fella that replied about needing rear body cuts, is supposed to be a mate of mine :shock: He was going to give me a crash course in how to put up the photos easily, but it seems to have slipped his memory :roll: :roll: I spose I`ll have to figure it out for myself when we get a cold winter night. :lol: ;) :lol:
Good luck with the corners though, try and get some piccys up, I`ll have a go meself at the piccys and see if I can make some work. :lol: :) ;) :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Techno, Techno, Tech no no no, :lol: 8) :lol:

:oops:

Got too much work on at the moment (not complaining too much as I had most of the year off), I'll try and get round before christmas..... :lol:
On photobucket there's 4 lines of text below the pic, right click on the bottom one marked IMG code, copy, and then right click/paste into the thread.

No worries mate, I just couldn`t pass that opportunity to wind you up a bit. Glad you got some work though mate, :D

Looking at those photos, it does look like the subframe / roof support has had a bit of a dose of tin worm as well, starting to look a bit like mine.

All the peeps trying to help me with the photos, it might help if you stopped talking in swahili, :lol: I ain`t got a clue what you is saying :oops: :oops: :oops:

I`m afraid I need someone to sit next to me and tell me what bit to hit with the hammer, and what size hammer I need to use. I did manage to email some onetime, but not sure how I managed it.

Ozziedog techno no no :lol:

Latest posts