Hamilton Cover - pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simo

Reaction score
Had the Hamilton cover a litle while now and finally got round to posting a couple of pics to show the fit incase anyone is considering which one to go for.
The material seems good, similar to the Stormforce cover (see my previous thread) but a bit thicker. Has two under body straps and elasticated at the front and rear. it survived a very windy three days last weekend intact, and seems to be keeping the bus dry ok!
Where it differs from the Stormforce is the fit, the Hamilton is quite a bit bigger and a looser fit, and tucks under each bumper easily, whereas the Stormforce sat on my bumpers and would slip upwards regularly

056.jpg

059.jpg

057.jpg

simo

I 2nd that too. Was worried about the fit with a front mounted spare and was chuffed to see there was plenty of room.

Would recommend the 'hamilton' cover thanks too Simo ( followed the other thread closely ;) )

Thanks for the updated and sounds like its a quality product 8)

Cheers for the pictures ;)

Hi simo,

I'm in the market for a cover,followed your other thread so was just wondering what you thought about the Hamilton cover (nearly) a year later?

still pleased with it over storm force?
Do you think it would go over my roof rack & pop top??

Cheers - Rob

Sounds like the hamilton has the same strapping as the stormforce but would agree that it's a tight fit over my Devon top and in these winds the front pulls up back over the top of the front bumpers easily...!!! :roll: Makes it look like she's growling under the cover and showing her white teeth..!! :lol:

This was her in the snow last winter and you can see there isn't much spare material to go over the front bumper..!!?

18122010607.jpg

The hamilton cover will fit over pop top and roof rack on my dormobile!

and still fits down below the sills and bumpers! although be careful when pulling it over as mine caught on the roof rack and ripped the glued seam (glued back together though!)

I store my van in the garage now, but still put the cover on during winter to stop anyone knocking the paint when they walk past etc.
although was very happy and dry when the bus was outside prior to the garage!

strutt said:
The hamilton cover will fit over pop top and roof rack on my dormobile!

and still fits down below the sills and bumpers! although be careful when pulling it over as mine caught on the roof rack and ripped the glued seam (glued back together though!)

I store my van in the garage now, but still put the cover on during winter to stop anyone knocking the paint when they walk past etc.
although was very happy and dry when the bus was outside prior to the garage!

That's good to hear! Don't fancy taking the roof rack off all the time. Thanks for the help strutt ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya Doris - cover still doing the business ;) don't know as far as the roof rack goes but Luke seems to have that one covered :lol: above.
The fit is quite generous and I'd say has stretched a bit over the year as its settled in?

Well happy with mine - hope this is of some use
Simo

simo said:
Well happy with mine - hope this is of some use
Simo

Top man - Thanks Simo ;)
Don't fancy £379 for the pro tech, JK one has bad reviews so I reckon a Hamilton's it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure on that one - depends how big the roofracks are ?
Luke (strut) above has a roofrack fitted, and my bus in the photos has a westy pop top and you can see it is still a generous size cover!
Give Hamilton a call , see what they say :msn4:

simo

Hi all just to add , I also bought the hamilton cover to replace my jk one (which actually wore the new paint off my gutter and rear corners) and i am also really happy with it , very thick and the water just beads off the material . plan on getting soom racks soon too and it looks like there should be plenty of room under there for them ! :D

dazza1975 said:
do you know who sells these and how much??

Thanks

http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/acatalog/OutdoorCoverCarBreathableSoft.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just ordered one ready for Doris's home coming :mrgreen:

what are the fixings like as that always seems to be the weakest part of the cover?

There are two straps on mine with the black plastic push together clips on them, located next to each wheel and they pass under the bus to fasten! The ends are elasticated and go completly over the bumpers and has all worked well so far ;) had mine about a year so far with no issues , although in the winter i put an extra rope over the centre just to be sure :msn4:

simo

Thanks for the reviews guys, was gonna buy a stormforce but the one I bought for my beetle didn't fit properly so was looking for an alternative for the van, now I found it :D

Latest posts