Hardboard Headliner Dimensions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gninnam

Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone have dimensions or templates for cutting the headliner from hardboard (or similar material) as mine is a Dormobile and the front headliner was beyond savage so thought about going for a hardboard type one instead?

Cheers

Don’t know the dims but I did the same on my dormobile and worked great.
Start with a cardboard template, bit fiddly around the rear view mirror and in the corners
I used a large piece of 3mm ply from lathams and covered with Ivory perforated vinyl Headlining from Harrison trim supplies. The only thing is it’s pretty tight fit into the slot in dormobile roof trim so taper the edge a bit before you glue on the vinyl with contact adhesive.
Will take some pics when I get a chance.
In the end decided to to the hole roof front to back…it’s the rear section that’s the worst bit but you can get the ply to bend permanently by gently warning with a hot air gun to melt the glue.
Good luck

Thanks for the info - looking forward to any pics you have :)
The website above is pretty informative so will look to see what I can do to get this done - will just tidy up the interior I think.

Fancy making me one as well, Andy? 😁

Been a while since I visited your neck of the woods, so if you need an extra set of hands one evening or weekend give me a nudge 👍

Fancy making me one as well, Andy? 😁

Been a while since I visited your neck of the woods, so if you need an extra set of hands one evening or weekend give me a nudge 👍
Will be a few weeks before I get around to do it as working on other things (plus house stuff)
Will be interesting to share the struggles and why not do 2 at the same time ;)
Your always welcome George :cool:

Latest posts