Headlamp wiring

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagvanman

Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing the headlights on my 71 with Mk1 Golf Crystal Clear lights (sorry if that upsets the purists). I plan to use relays and a 12v supply straight from the battery, so I have bought a universal loom, but I am not sure how to wire up the controls.
Link to loom:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074ZCXDT3/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item
Anyone used this loom, or any constructive advice welcomed.
Thanks

I figured out the harness using a multimeter here is the diagram, looks pretty simple.
Just waiting for some connectors to arrive then I will be installing along with the new crystal clear headlights.

Attachments

• Headlight Harness.jpeg
    Headlight Harness.jpeg
    528.7 KB · Views: 5
Did they look good in the end, I'm looking at a similar headlight but in the process of creating a new fusebox and relay setup, trying to find a relay holder for the standard H/L relay is a nightmare, I do like the idea of having 2 separate relays.

Compress_6c0948db-4599-41e9-8c3f-f0b492c47054PXL_20230711_193910940.MP.jpgi think the golf clear lens lights are pretty subtle. flatter and more modern looking, but together with new wires and modern relays they make a big difference. they were pretty rubbish before, kind of acceptable now. (my daily has modern lights that do it all, auto dip/dim and they turn with the steering so my bench mark is pretty high)

Recently had the headlights aligned but still not driven the bus after dark to see the results.

Latest posts