Headlight dimmer switch not working

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcfmonkey

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've driven in the dark but I went for a dusky drive yesterday and found I can't dip my lights, or rather when I pull up on the indicator stalk nothing happens! Is it time for a new stalk or is there something specific I should be looking for if I dismantle the indicator?

Cheers Peeps
Monkey

Happened to me before and it was an earth in the stalk that needed resoldering. See if you have any wires come loose

Whilst replacing the loom in my 1970 bus, I also replaced the main/dipped/indicator stalk, and found the main/dipped connector on the stalk switch assembly wasn't actually connecting, and needed slightly bending - not great for a supposedly new item.
Maybe worth checking after the other suggestions above.

Similar thing happened on mine. Had dipped beam but no main beam or flash. After several hours investigating decided to check the new fuse box. There’s an earth fuse which had blown- problem solved

Do the headlights flash, if so nothing wrong with switch it will be relay or fuse to dip beam

Latest posts