Heated Front Screen with Top Edge Tint in Blue

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tiger1 said:
Buss69 said:
Hi guys, I recently contacted Ricky Evans Motor Sport about replacing my dark blue tinted windscreen with a tinted, HEATED version and they can do it. But, there is a catch, read on.

They can do these screens but only if they get a minimum order of at least 10! Clearly I don't have the wedge to buy 10 units, so, is anyone else interested in joining me? The screens cost £165 + VAT, which works out at £198 each, which is the same cost as a normal heated screen.

Come on, not many buses out there with these, you know you want to waste even more money on some bling! (It's also quite practical too!)
hi mate, would be interested in one of these if thats delivered, if not still interested.... how many so far...? will pm you my mobile as i may have a few more peaple i can talk to... cheers paul

Cheers Tiger, how many interested? Hmmmm, not sure at the mo. I'm going to PM everyone who's expressed an interest so far and amend the top of this thread to start making a list. Thanks for the interest I was starting to give up on this.

Danbury Doug said:
Someone mention Dolomite? I have a 1500HL. :D

Great looking bus BTW! 8)

But does your Triumph Dolomite 1500HL, have both front & rear anti-roll bars, in common with the Triumph Dolomite 1850HL & Sprint, plus my hybridised Triumph Toledo 1300 HL± !?!

I fitted a vw heritage one and found a company that make complete wiring kits, about £125.

Baz70bay said:
I fitted a vw heritage one and found a company that make complete wiring kits, about £125.

Thanks Baz70bay. I have a question, IS YOUR HEATED SCREEN TINTED AT THE TOP? This is the purpose of this thread.

I don't mean to sound stern (I am wearing my glasses on the end of my nose though) but the point is the TINT. No-one does a heated screen with a top tinted section, if however, yours IS tinted then bingo I'm in. This thread ran out of steam some time ago so thanks for resurrecting it because I had completely forgotten I started it. :lol:

If they could be sorted quite soon I'd be up for one please. Getting close to the end of my full resto now.

Provided the pricing hasn't changed significantly, I too will sign up to a 1968~79 VW Type 2 electrically-heated front windscreen with a blue-tinted shade band at the top.

This will encourage me to remove my 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental's original factory-fitted zone-toughened windscreen and complete my front-panel, A-pillar and front roof-section refurbishment.

no mine is not tinted, I was just saying I found a company that makes the wiring kit complete with all the relays switch and cable for 125 pound. as I was having trouble to make it all my self for less.

Baz70bay said:
no mine is not tinted, I was just saying I found a company that makes the wiring kit complete with all the relays switch and cable for 125 pound. as I was having trouble to make it all my self for less.

So what does that wiring loom include and does it incorporate a heavy-duty cable with in-line fuse, connected directly to the battery / alternator positive supply at the rear of the vehicle?

Noting the high current load, I have devised a circuit which will use two accessory relays, a changeover relay and a double-throw dashboard switch (one of six, square-section, push-button type switches with integral indicator bulb, salvaged from a Citroën Visa, mounted in the dashboard’s central ashtray aperture), whereby only one of the two heating elements are on at any given time; being switched on & off alternately, so that only the left-hand OR the right-hand zone windscreen heater is operative at any given instant at any given instant, resulting in a current draw of ½ x 38A = 19A.

Latest posts