Hello from Cornwall

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T2t25

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westy
Hiya everyone, I’m Tracey from Cornwall and I drive a 1968 westy imported from the USA in 2004. I also drive a modern 1987 vw T25, but we don’t need to talk about that here 🤣

Hiya Tracy, cool bus, love it down there where your at.
My 1970 came over from California. Welcome and enjoy your bus.
Hello & Thank you, yep I’m lucky to be a Cornish maid tis a lovely place. I’ve had the bus 12 years so it’s not new to me but every-time I drive it I feel like kid!

Hi there, you’ll probs bump into some of us time to time as most of us get down that way at some point in the summer. Dead handy if you’re already there ;) Do you get up to any of the shows up here and further up?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, roll on summer :)

Hi there, you’ll probs bump into some of us time to time as most of us get down that way at some point in the summer. Dead handy if you’re already there ;) Do you get up to any of the shows up here and further up?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, roll on summer :)
Hello Ozziedog, I’ve been to busfest a good few times, I must make an effort to attend more. I spend most of our holidays in Europe. I’ve driven to the bottom of Italy, over the Dolomites, up through Germany Austria the Netherlands France etc. off to see the Le Mans Classic this year 😎.
I do see a fair few early bays down here during the summer, I live in Penzance so if anybody needs an over night park up come on by, I’ll even plug an extension lead in for you and fill your water tanks as Cornwall council are not the most camper friendly!!

Hello Ozziedog, I’ve been to busfest a good few times, I must make an effort to attend more. I spend most of our holidays in Europe. I’ve driven to the bottom of Italy, over the Dolomites, up through Germany Austria the Netherlands France etc. off to see the Le Mans Classic this year 😎.
I do see a fair few early bays down here during the summer, I live in Penzance so if anybody needs an over night park up come on by, I’ll even plug an extension lead in for you and fill your water tanks as Cornwall council are not the most camper friendly!!
That sounds fab fab fab, but I don’t got nuffink electric on mine, maybe I’m just a tad primitive. Got a wonderful home made coolbox though that’ll hold about six dozen Stella,, just depends if I bother putting a pint of milk in. Anyway, that’s about to be replaced with the semi automatic Stella coolbox dispenser, it’s only semi auto as I still have to do the drinking :cool:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,watch this space :)

That sounds fab fab fab, but I don’t got nuffink electric on mine, maybe I’m just a tad primitive. Got a wonderful home made coolbox though that’ll hold about six dozen Stella,, just depends if I bother putting a pint of milk in. Anyway, that’s about to be replaced with the semi automatic Stella coolbox dispenser, it’s only semi auto as I still have to do the drinking :cool:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,watch this space :)
🤣 6 dozen Stella !! 🤣🤣 to be fair I only have some led lights to plug in if I’m ever on electric. Got a gas heater for when it’s parky outside! & I run usb charging points from solar power.
I’ll look forward to having a beer or 3 with anyone from here in the future. I went to the Bristol volls show years ago… it hailed all weekend 🤣

Now there's a tempting offer, love Penzance!.
I've never driven anything in Europe, I'd like to and there's not much stopping me now really, 🤔 Your travels sound amazing!.

That hailstorm was in 2011, it collapsed my canopy and put a pole through the n/s rear window.
We come down your way to St Buryan most years, although this year we're headed to the Lizard.
OH NO!! It was a rough weekend but memorable I suppose 😬
I live near St Buryan, the Lizard is a lovely spot, poldhu beach is very nice and easy parking, good waves if you’re into surfing. 😎

Now there's a tempting offer, love Penzance!.
I've never driven anything in Europe, I'd like to and there's not much stopping me now really, 🤔 Your travels sound amazing!.
I love driving in Europe the roads are so much better! And the LHD is perfect 😊 just go… you won’t regret it for one minute, free aires to camp in and most have water etc.

I think that was the weekend where Wiggy , myself and Justin were all trying not to drown and we had the fire drum under the gazebo with us trying to dry out :eek:
When it was hailing, some peeps near us were scooping up the hail in bowls. They had Gin and Tonic with hail ice for brekky next morning. Seemed like a great idea at the time, wish I’d thought of it.:ROFLMAO:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,what a weekend that was !:);):)

I think that was the weekend where Wiggy , myself and Justin were all trying not to drown and we had the fire drum under the gazebo with us trying to dry out :eek:
When it was hailing, some peeps near us were scooping up the hail in bowls. They had Gin and Tonic with hail ice for brekky next morning. Seemed like a great idea at the time, wish I’d thought of it.:ROFLMAO:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,what a weekend that was !:);):)
It certainly was Ozziedog & that’s such a good idea 😆 the Gin and tonic….. not the fire in the gazebo!! 🤣
I just remember being in the van and thinking ‘well if this is the weather in Bristol I think I’ll stay home!’
But I think the trauma as passed now I’ll give it another go, is that show still running?

Hi there... Welcome.. I'm fairly new here too, also from Cornwall... !

Latest posts