help needed to attach the pop up roof

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougievdub

Reaction score
Hi guys I need a bit of help please. I've just put the pop top roof on my van and have screwed it into the wood surround at the front and the back. I'm not sure how the sides attach. Are there some brackets that go on the inside on the van that attach to the wood rails of the roof? It was not attached when I bought the van so I'm struggling a bit. Any help would be great. Thank you All. Deb

On my van, the cut-out opening in the roof is turned up by about 1.5 inches all the way around, to create a lip, and the oak frame of the poptop sits snug on the outside of this. The top of the lip is roughly level with and not higher than the level of the oak.

Then it is screwed from the inside, through the drilled and turned up lip and in to the oak frame, all the way around. (I put my bunks on first, but that is not important here).

These pics might help show the lip.

295901_295679353781773_165424860140557_1384679_1050980563_n.jpg

cfd839e9.jpg

Kev

Thanks Kev I appreciate your help. Hmmm, mine doesn't have any lip at all. I've managed to screw the front straight though the tin roof into the oak surround but I can't do that down the sides. I think I may have to fabricate some brackets just to double secure it. Deb

Latest posts