help needed with front heater pipes pretty please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougievdub

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture or can explain the pipes etc in the front of an early bay? I bought my early bay and none of it was with it. I have bought a centre totem pole piece second hand from ebay but the plastic pipe work that came with it doesn't fit. I assume that the one I bought was for a late bay. I have also discovered that there is another control under the drivers seat for another part of the heat system to direct flow into the back between the cab seats. What sort of lever would this have attached to it? Any help at all gratefully received as I'm really struggling with this. :(
Thank you all in advance

Mine are half out at the moment to access the wiper rack and stuff.

4E7B727B-A72B-4CC1-A38F-9921A82DFF58.jpg

The horn-shaped plastic parts go in first, pushing through the dash metal slots.

The Y-shaped collector can be fitted once the horns are loosely in place (and riser tube is fitted). There's just enough room to force everything apart to fit, but it's a Krypton factor challenge.

The metal vent cover strips fit into the ends of the horns and hold them onto the dash by spreading the ends of the horn slightly and locking them around the slot in the dash.

The horns are 211 255 476A (right) and 211 255 475A (left)
Not sure about the Y-piece number.

The other two horn parts fit the outer dash vents and connect directly to the horizontal metal ducting.

HTH

Brilliant!!!! Thank you so much. It all makes sense now :) Do you know where I can get the two middle horn bits from? I have the two outer ones
Deb

I haven't seen them new or repro, but someone might chip in and correct me.
eBay can be good for odd bus bits, as are autojumbles at vw shows.

And there are lots of good parts places around that dismantle dead vans.

Also, FBI in Swansea might be worth a bell for imported used parts.

Fortunately, these were among the few parts on my bus when I got it that didn't need replacing :roll:

Custom and commercial have original ones here:

http://customandcommercial.com/vw-baywindow/baywindiw_interior_parts/interior_ventilation_parts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you put a wanted ad in the for sale section it's likely that someone on here will have some and save you some money.

Latest posts