HELP - Which model is this VW Westfalia 1969?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRbunny

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here, I have been a VW lover since a child, but now its time for me to buy one <3 I'm from Costa Rica, and there is a guy selling his (what it seems) Volkswagen Westfalia 1969 (T2 maybe) Early Bay, that's the thing I don't know which model is, and I haven't seen a lot of VWs that look like her. Here are some photographs so you can help me recognize her model. She will be a project if I decide to buy her (It's not in her best but I see her potential) I have another question, have you converted a VW Westfalia or Kombi to electric?

Well Thanks, :)

PS: English it's not my first language sorry it's there anything written bad. Thxs

Hi there CRbunny, welcome to the site. Your English is extremely good from what I see. I am not the Westfalia expert but your van looks to be a very early example. It also would seem that there are all the nice extra goodies like the little bunk and the stool, plus the drop out rear window.After the weekend, I guess one of the Westy experts will tell us a lot more about your van and what conversion it is. In the UK right now, it is mid summer and most vans will be away being used for camping which is great. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, drive it as it is for a while. :mrgreen:

It looks like my campmobile interior, possibly a tin top with the roof fitted retrospectively ?

Thanks for your anwers guys.

Thxs Ozziedog, Bullet tooth, Bobster.

Ozziedog, yes she has everything. :)

Bullet tooth, I'm not sure because the pics I've seen that are the most similar are from So42's but they have split windshield, this one is a one piece windshield and the lateral windows are different.

Bobster, maybe you are rigth like this VW it's kinda frankenstein hahaha.

Well, I will wait for the Westys experts, to confirm the model of this VW. :)

Oh ok, thanks Bullet tooth I was a little confused with the question mark in your first comment. I'm going to search So42 with bay windows to investigate about those models. :)

Certainly looks like a so42 pop top from the pictures! Bay tripper on here has one, maybe PM him and ask for some advice and find your M plate and decode online!

It looks like a 1970 MY SO67 to me. Some Westys got the smaller poptop that were fitted to late Splits, but that doesn't look like one to me, I 'think' its a retro fitted poptop? The rear window is also an aftermarket fitment.

Enjoy!

Latest posts