High Level Brake Light

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagvanman

Reaction score
Hi, I am thinking of adding a high level brake light. Anyone here done this, would appreciate recommendations for make positioning wiring etc.

Thanks.

You'll need to either connect into the brake switch wiring under the cab floor or at the brake lights themselves.
Then you'll have to wire to the tailgate hinge area and use some flexible conduit to get the wiring to the rear screen.

Hi gagvanman,

I have installed an LED type one and works like a charm. Really bright, so no one has an excuse.
What with all the stickers and it being a high type you don't really notice it fortunately.
Acquired from the dreaded Ebay, cost about 28 quid. The only pic I could find. Hope this helps.
Wired from rear lights and some conduit.

J & P
:D:D:D
1645122764897.png

Hi gagvanman,

I have installed an LED type one and works like a charm. Really bright, so no one has an excuse.
What with all the stickers and it being a high type you don't really notice it fortunately.
Acquired from the dreaded Ebay, cost about 28 quid. The only pic I could find. Hope this helps.
Wired from rear lights and some conduit.

J & P
:D:D:D
View attachment 1021
That looks like a great solution.
How does it fix to the glass?
Any chance of a link to it on eBay please?!

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben

It has double sided tape for adhesion. If you put in High Level Brake Light in the Car Parts and Accessories section.
Unfortunately the same as mine no longer appears.
Found it on Amazon...https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Position-Lights-Signal-Warning/dp/B0823RY9SP/ref=sr_1_10?crid=36BSZQVXK3GRP&keywords=flexible+universal+high+level+brake+light+long&qid=1645214927&sprefix=flexable+universal+high+level+brake+light+long%2Caps%2C51&sr=8-10

Hope this helps

J & P
:D:D:D.

Last edited:
Hi Ben

It has double sided tape for adhesion. If you put in High Level Brake Light in the Car Parts and Accessories section.
Found it on Amazon...https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Position-Lights-Signal-Warning/dp/B0823RY9SP/ref=sr_1_10?crid=36BSZQVXK3GRP&keywords=flexible+universal+high+level+brake+light+long&qid=1645214927&sprefix=flexable+universal+high+level+brake+light+long%2Caps%2C51&sr=8-10

Hope this helps

J & P
Cool, thank you!
Will take a look at the link đź‘Ť

Hi Ben

Hope this helps

J & P
I’ve bought one!
Look forward to fitting it when I finally get the Bus back from the garage!

Latest posts