Hot start problem

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montypsx

Reaction score
Hi all me again trying to keep you all busy answering my questions :lol:. I did have the dreaded hot start problem van starts fine cold but hot not a chance. I thought the problem was the ignition so I installed a start button and relay but that didn’t fix owt so when it was hot I still had to use a wire from the solenoid to the battery which worked fine. However I’ve just put my engine back in after a major overall and now I can’t start it at all from the button hot or cold, I still have a wire from the solenoid into the engine bay which I touch the battery and the engine fires up ok so I’m scratching my head. I’ve had the starter checked out and the start button, all ok there. When I press the start button the alternator and oil light dim like it’s trying to but no joy. All the terminals are really clean and tight and the earth strap is like brand new. I can understand the hot start problem but I can’t get my head round why it’s started doing it all the time any help would be brill thanks

Try the coil, they normally start to fail when hot and often get worse, I had this with my Land Rover.
Dave

No coil was fine I fitted a relay on the stater and it’s been fine so I can only assume it was to much resistance on the starter wire

It does sound like something wasn’t quite wired up properly on the hot starry relay setup. It’s a dream normally and it’s the real answer to the wire on the starter trick.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,go on then ,,,, make my day,,,, ask me how I know :mrgreen:

Latest posts