How do I get a dating letter?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony73tt

Reaction score
My 68 bus is still undergoing its restoration (3 years to date!!) I'm just wondering, if it would be beneficial to try and get a club dating letter? This I would send a copy to dvla when it finally gets to that point. I applied to Germany for the birth certificate, this was a while ago now. They refunded my money and explained that the microfiche containing my bus records was damaged and illegible. Just thought a forum or club dating letter might be the answer?

Help please.

Thanks.

P.s anyone else couldn't obtain a birth certificate?

im sure one of us could oblige. I would need pictures and vin etc. what year is it?

ive never heard anyone refuse a BC for any reason. damaged microfiche seems strange?

I had a similar issue with a 68 single cab, refund if money as they were unable to advise the build date due to a damaged microfiche. They did however advise of the date range for when my bus was built.

James

Sorry for late reply. Been busy at work. Got a birth certificate for my splitty easy done, so the applied for the 68. Full refund and wrote saying records damaged. As soon as she's ready for M.O.T I will be in touch.

Thanks for the help...

Sorry for late reply. Been busy at work. Got a birth certificate for my splitty easy done, so the applied for the 68. Full refund and wrote saying records damaged. As soon as she's ready for M.O.T I will be in touch.

Thanks for the help...

Latest posts