How long have you owned your current bus?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevH

Reaction score
Daft question perhaps, but it is prompted by the spate of buses that feature in mags one month and then come up for sale the next. Coincidence or opportunism?

I bought my bus (my first) in April 2011 and have absolutely no plans to sell. Which probably excludes me from having a feature in a mag. :lol:

So, what's a typical length of ownership, and who holds the record?

I can guarantee I don't hold the record for driving my bus .

I've had my bus for 5 years and two months ... that's 5 years off the road , and two months on . :lol:

What I can guarantee is that it's a 'keeper' for sure.

bought ours july 2011, took 3months work to get it on the road, just Motd for 2nd time an
done 4000 enjoyable miles, dont see myself getting rid of it any time in the future, in for the long run (well its going to take years to get it to look as good as some featured in mags) but we can and will enjoy it as is.
cheers Pete

Ha, ha, that's a good point. There is a big difference between 'how long have you owned it' and 'how long has it been on the road'. I can 'feel the love' already. :D

I was lucky in that mine was roadworthy from day one, although it was off the road over winter last for five months for welding and respraying. Ouch, that hurt the wallet. And I would not have invested that time and money only to sell her on, no way.

My aim to throw a party when Delilahtoo is 50 in just 7 years. Woohoo. :lol:

My current bus I bought 4 years ago. For me I think it was third time lucky. It's the identical bus in every aspect to the one I was brought up with (which I never wanted my dad to part with). :)
I can't see me parting with it for many years. I've had some enjoyable times with it, and it ticks all the boxes for me. Ok, there've been several other buses I've drooled over, but the depths of my pockets will probably ensure it's window shopping only for me! :lol:

I suspect I know who'll be walking away with the cup for longest owned bus, and I'm sure he'll be stepping forward with his Dormobile, before too long! :lol: :edit: 72nu-funk beat me to it!

owned it for 13 years ,been on the road for 10 years,going to be off the road over the winter to freshen up bodywork and respray :)

20 or 21 years and as a daily driver to work in school in Pontypridd for 3 yrs, 2 yr break when in q8 but my dad borrowed it to build sister's house .... 2 yrs Anglesey daily diver and about 14 yrs daily driver from Anglesey to Snowdonia... :) and aiming to carry on driving him to work until i retire in ... Oh sh&t another 20 years boohoo

issy said:
20 or 21 years and as a daily driver to work in school in Pontypridd for 3 yrs, 2 yr break when in q8 but my dad borrowed it to build sister's house .... 2 yrs Anglesey daily diver and about 14 yrs daily driver from Anglesey to Snowdonia... :) and aiming to carry on driving him to work until i retire in ... Oh sh&t another 20 years boohoo

That is awesome.

Had mine 4 years , in that time changed jobs, moved house, changed my car, even my girlfriend ;-) but still not got the bus on the road. She's a keeper though....... And so is the girlfriend

2013 will be my year

I`ve had my Westy 4 years now and definately will not be selling it!
I`ve almost got it how i want it, but want to refurb roof and canvas some time.
Cheers Paul.

Current van 13 yrs,unlucky for me I guess.

Still not got round to some of the to dos when I bought it.

Always on the road,except when the motors go pop!

Hope to be buried in it!

We bought ours in oct 2011, was going to go for a quick tart up then on the road in spring.........then decided on a full home resto,still not done :oops: ( purchased a welder,compressor and 3! guns) It was that purple puke one , now back to its birthday colour lotus white :D . Pics soon

Had mine for 10 years & been on the road for 8 years.
I frequently battle with thoughts of selling it but common sense always prevails...

Had ours 17 years 2nd owner always garaged from new, never painted or welded being used more now for weddings and special trips
CamperIlfracombe2.jpg

We bought ours at Dubs at the Castle 4 years ago, i think it had 3-4 months off the road while I did some work on it, but other than that its used regularly, and I have no plans to ever sell it.

Had ours 4 years now ( 4th one ) no plans to sell but don't think anyone would want it. :lol:

Had mine 7 or 8 years and only been off the road for around 6 months while i did a quick resto. Apart from the paint ive done it all myself on a rolling resto/improvement.

I suppose im bucking the annoying trend as mines been featured twice and its still not for sale.

Latest posts