How long have you owned your current bus?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had mine 6 months.. never driven it! If things carry in the way they have in the last few days, I won't keeping it much longer!!! :lol:

Shorty said:
I've had mine 6 months.. never driven it! If things carry in the way they have in the last few days, I won't keeping it much longer!!! :lol:

Never give up. Look at some of these stories for inspiration, and perspiration. :D

Delilahtoo said:
Shorty said:

Never give up. Look at some of these stories for inspiration, and perspiration. :D

We have had Myvanway over a year now, "Loveit" love being back in the scene and love being a part of _EARLYBAY.COM_

This site keeps me going, and others. every one bounces off each other, Ive found this site more addictive than Tetris on the Game Boy!!! 8)
As said " What doesn't destroy you make you stronger" Push harder. ;)

myvanway 69 said:
Delilahtoo said:
Shorty said:

This site keeps me going, and others. every one bounces off each other, Ive found this site more addictive than Tetris on the Game Boy!!! 8)
As said " What doesn't destroy you make you stronger" Push harder. ;)

WHS - there are some awesome stories on here and some great advice. I have only met a few in person, am a total notice, but I feel I can ask for help on anything and get it.

Delilahtoo:
there are some awesome stories on here and some great advice. I have only met a few in person, am a total notice, but I feel I can ask for help on anything and get it.[/quote]

True.
:D

Shorty,,, fear not :shock: You`re coming up to where ever it is to wrestle with them Presidenty Burgers with me and we`ll meet loads of dudes and dudettes then. You might even have to drive home if that burger gets the better of me :? :roll: :? I may end up having to have a little lie down in the back (with bucket) :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, You won`t give up mate :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
Shorty,,, fear not :shock: You`re coming up to where ever it is to wrestle with them Presidenty Burgers with me and we`ll meet loads of dudes and dudettes then. You might even have to drive home if that burger gets the better of me :? :roll: :? I may end up having to have a little lie down in the back (with bucket) :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, You won`t give up mate :mrgreen:

I'm not throwing in the towel just yet! Just had a good kick in the nuts on Friday that will set me back a bit and change my plans....

Cant wait for the meet! I need an enthusiasm recharge!

Had mine for coming up to 20 years.Where the hell did all the time go :?

Had this one ten years, been off the road for three, twas gonna get her all shiney, but decided to drive her and do a rolling resto instead....loving it :D

Finally, at the age of 56, acheived my dream, and bought "mrs hoskins", a 1970 Dormobile, in March this year , from a great couple in Grimsby ,who had done loads of work , but not quite finished it...........perfect .

i have spent the last few months , and about 2k, getting her into nick, and finally acheived another dream by camping at polzeath in August...........no intention of selling.

One thing does irritate me a little though........

there are regularly, in mags and on this site ,negative references to "jonny come latelys" like me, who werent born in a bus, havent spent the last 70 years restoring one, cant surf, dont know every word to "surfin surfari", havent got a clue what a dropped spindle is, and wouldnt know a pair of Kadrons if they came up and french kissed me..............it doesnt make me any less of an enthusiast, and my bucks ,and those of a lot of guys like me , keep veedub businesses going !

What about a "JCL" club for new arrivals, who have no idea what they are doing, but are just happy to be driving the dream

Love JonnyCL

Beakey said:
Had this one ten years, been off the road for three, twas gonna get her all shiney, but decided to drive her and do a rolling resto instead....loving it :D

Hi Beakey, Not sure if you’re still active on here but wanted to get in touch as I’m trying to trace the whereabouts of OLA817L. My dad bought this van new on 1st August 1972. We had 12 years of holidays in France as a family of 7 all through the 70s and this van was the star. My mum and dad are well into their 80s now and I would absolutely love to find the van with a view to buying it and bringing it home! Many thanks in advance Keith 07753928460

Ksmith063 said:
Beakey said:

Hi Beakey, Not sure if you’re still active on here but wanted to get in touch as I’m trying to trace the whereabouts of OLA817L. My dad bought this van new on 1st August 1972. We had 12 years of holidays in France as a family of 7 all through the 70s and this van was the star. My mum and dad are well into their 80s now and I would absolutely love to find the van with a view to buying it and bringing it home! Many thanks in advance Keith 07753928460
:mrgreen:
Hi Keith, I hope a small Chrimbo miracle happens and Beakey pops up for you. I’ve just tapped on the stats and it does look like the last time postin for Beakey was 2015. Not a great sign but still may appear every so often. Might be worth sending a P.M. style private message also , then if Beakey ever appears for any reason, a notification will alert them to a message, more than a random chance that Beakey reads that thread in a few months time. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,good luck with it :mrgreen:

Looking back thought Beakey's post history, it seems that they sold this bus:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?p=551127#p551127

Last V5C issued 2019 :)

On the post subject, I've now had mine more than 15 years :)

55_12.jpg

ylq3mPn.jpg

About 16 years now :D

I reckon I could have been persuaded to sell it a couple of years ago , but the last two summers have reinvigorated it’s place in my life.

Nearly 6 Years now, although the first 15 months was the restoration period.

3725190488e72dcbfa845d89281c96b4.jpg

We have had some of our best times away in the van and long may that continue [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back on subject, I’m guessing just over twelve years maybe a year or two more but we’ve gone from stock height to a bit lowered and now gone to the opposite :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,Think I’ve just upppppped my game :mrgreen:

Going to be 12 years this month...gone through a lot of changes in that time and been mostly brilliant.
However, I may be selling it next year having said I'd never get rid... :shock:
Just the stupid kinda thing you do when you get it to just where you want it :lol:
Cheers
Al

Latest posts