How many nights?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesnailman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I've been keeping some rough tabs on my nocturnal activities over the last few years and have been managing about 30 sleeps in the van on weekends and holidays each year. More = better of course :lol: This year though I managed a massive 42!!! :D

Don't need to know what you've been doing, but is my 'record' easily whipped by someone out there??

Ok. So 'nearly 1 night' sounds pretty low, but if it drives and has a bed you've still got quite a few chances before May 2020.... My first outing when I got the van was 6 months late.... Why does it always take so long to get things road and camp worthy?

I turn 40 this year, so I want to do 40 nights away!!
I’ve never actually slept in my Earlybay mind, as it’s a pickup truck, we sleep in the Rapido folding caravan, so,,, as we’re bending rules !!

Lee C said:
I turn 40 this year, so I want to do 40 nights away!!
I’ve never actually slept in my Earlybay mind, as it’s a pickup truck, we sleep in the Rapido folding caravan, so,,, as we’re bending rules !!

Properly stretching the rules here!!! Only allowing it on basis that you imported my awning inside your pickup and that we all saw you welding the floor using 4000 prices of metal the size of a 50p.

However, are not sure if lying about your age is something the moderators would be interested in...... Disappointed.....

We generally manage 6-7 trips a year averaging 2-3 nights in the van each time.

Even with my maths skills I can see that is clearly not enough.

Winnie is 50 this year so we need to try a lot harder [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I did about 50 in my ‘peak’ year including a big Euro trip.

Last year was poor - about 9 I think

I did 15 nights in the van in 2019. Would have been more but van was off the road until June due to the new engine.

Looking forward to a lot more in 2020 [emoji16]

Replacing all the old foam this year in the westy interior, so I may sleep more soundly [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think we must have done 25-30 last year, can't imagine will do anymore than that this coming year.

I’m not ignoring this post, but I’ve had two or three attempts at adding up and they’ve all come out differently :roll: I get confused with , was this last year or the year before, and did I go here? Etc etc etc. It’s my day off tomorrow and I’ll give it some more attention than three seconds as I’m sat on the khazi and going off to work :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, a little more detail than required, perhaps :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
I’m not ignoring this post, but I’ve had two or three attempts at adding up and they’ve all come out differently :roll: I get confused with , was this last year or the year before, and did I go here? Etc etc etc. It’s my day off tomorrow and I’ll give it some more attention than three seconds as I’m sat on the khazi and going off to work :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, a little more detail than required, perhaps :mrgreen:

Thanks Ozziedog..... The more I think about it the more I realise all this stuff about Brexit and Iran and the Donald are all distractions from the single important question. Accuracy is commendable, but no need to use a half score for a night you stayed up late drinking and then woke unreasonably early

About 10 yrs ago I went travelling for 3 months in my bus around Europe so I guess that equates to about 90 consecutive sleeps in it. Sadly it’s been off the road for 3 years while I’ve restored it so not slept in it for a long time :(

K@rlos said:
About 10 yrs ago I went travelling for 3 months in my bus around Europe so I guess that equates to about 90 consecutive sleeps in it. Sadly it’s been off the road for 3 years while I’ve restored it so not slept in it for a long time :(

Big number there, and consecutive ones too!!! Number of sleepless nights working on our loved one must be a while new category/post :lol:

sparkywig said:
Clem said:

Grade C. Must do better.

I had 39 nights away in the bus last year.

Ooh, a 39sleeps from the last year! Good effort!!!

I see Clem now spends 50nights per year explaining to first time users why they can post photos of their ''for sale' bus and that they need to include a price.... 50 nights sleeps / forum support to be commended....

sparkywig said:
Clem said:

Grade C. Must do better.

Yep agreed. I’ve got a few things lined up to up my game.

39 is a good effort :D

Bluesnailman said:
sparkywig said:
Clem said:

Grade C. Must do better.

Ooh, a 39sleeps from the last year! Good effort!!!

I see Clem now spends 50nights per year explaining to first time users why they can post photos of their ''for sale' bus and that they need to include a price.... 50 nights sleeps / forum support to be commended....

Thank you for noticing! :lol:

Latest posts