How Many Split to a Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69 Westy

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been done before but how many people like me have gone / are going from a splitty to a bay

I have, it was because some think had to go a squareback or the split. The split went 1st then shortly after the square went. It made sense to get the westy for the kids but this bus has caused me alot of head aches.

from 1966 split to 1970 bay.... Why...... sold splitty for £8k more than it stood me in for and got bay for £5.5k :D :D spent the rest on new kitchen :( :(

Went from a '67 Split panel van to a '71 Riviera... needed windows, fancied a Bay... it's more civilised but has been a nightmare as the lad I traded my Split with is (I think) a bit out of his depth and consequently quite disillusioned, which caused me some sadness (I loved Alfie, my Split)... also the Bay so far has totted up...

• Front windscreen seal (still to do)
    Rear windscreen seal (still to do)
    Type 4 oil cooler seals (still to do)
    NS track rod
    Indicator relay
    Poptop seal

All part of the fun though, isn't it? My Split was very low and I'm missing the feeling of a slammed van, but the stock height of the Bay is *perfect* for camping and so will stay that way.

67 split to 69 bay why

Driving a split is a mission , ( and everyone has got one :lol: !)

Driving a early bay is much more enjoyable and fun :D

Nuff said

Saying that if the Barndoor I have my eye comes up :msn4:

Chris

Sat in both camps right now.

64 Split and 71 Deluxe Bay :)

Can't see me letting go of the Split in my lifetime and growing more and more attached to the Bay.

Mr G said:
Sat in both camps right now.

64 Split and 71 Deluxe Bay :)

Can't see me letting go of the Split in my lifetime and growing more and more attached to the Bay.

I am pretty much the same as you.

I have a 64 split and a 70 Westy. I like my split and will not ever sell it, but I LOVE my Bay! :D The split is set up to haul my mini horses and doesn't get driven to often. My Bay I drive pretty much everyday. :D

c8996a0b.jpg

72 bay
50 Barndoor
60 Split
69 Bay
The bay is so much more family friendly and so much nicer to drive. Once the kids have gone I may have a split as a toy but I much prefer the bay.

74 bay :oops:
went to buy a barndoor splitty...........couldnt fit
70 bay :mrgreen:

I had a split which i had to sell to fund furnishing a house ( i rented a room with a mate for 2 years after divorce)

I had bays before, I have to be honest the look of the split did it for me, but i just find bays so much easier to drive (he says as he has just bought a lhd panel and can't see fec all)

bays all the way for me now unless i was offered a split panel, then i might just cave in :p

fire3500 said:
Went from a '67 Split panel van to a '71 Riviera... needed windows, fancied a Bay... it's more civilised but has been a nightmare as the lad I traded my Split with is (I think) a bit out of his depth and consequently quite disillusioned, which caused me some sadness (I loved Alfie, my Split)... also the Bay so far has totted up...

• Front windscreen seal (still to do)
    Rear windscreen seal (still to do)
    Type 4 oil cooler seals (still to do)
    NS track rod
    Indicator relay
    Poptop seal

All part of the fun though, isn't it? My Split was very low and I'm missing the feeling of a slammed van, but the stock height of the Bay is *perfect* for camping and so will stay that way.

I did just the opposite... sold my well loved very reliable 71 bay for a very cool 67 bay which is quite the opposite in many ways.
Its very low, which I like although I guess when I eventually get round to driving it will be slightly impractacle. It needs a new gearbox (which was supplied with the split) and I new about before purchasing it.

What myself and the previous owner didnt know is, when taking ownership it was the oil was bone dry, it was leaking fuel from the manifold gaskets and the battery drains itself dead.

All of that said I am very much looking forward to actually driving the split when I get all of the problems sorted.........

From a disillusioned and slightly disapointed split owner  :D

well i have just bought a split project so cant comment on that yet as havnt driven it but i have always wanted one so had to do it but incase i dont like it i still have

soon to be finished splitty and
68 bay
72 bay
2002 t4

fancy a t5 next :lol:

64 Devon split to a 70 dormobile bay.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

from a T4 to an early...didn't like the power, efficient heating, and all the cossetty luxuries of a modern vehicle, and wanted to put my kids thru the same agony of sitting on leatherette seats :lol: also now the q's from the back will be ''will we make it?" not "are we there yet?"

marco said:
from a T4 to an early...didn't like the power, efficient heating, and all the cossetty luxuries of a modern vehicle, and wanted to put my kids thru the same agony of sitting on leatherette seats :lol: also now the q's from the back will be ''will we make it?" not "are we there yet?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts