How to fit Slamwerks Adj Plates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this

6f1804ea.jpg

4949012d.jpg

a533d720.jpg

ef131b4d.jpg

The Early Bay spring plate group buy = a few late nights for Slamwerks

Stole it from here
http://slamwerks.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't wait :)

Cheers rob

Righty then.

The plates are ready :mrgreen: payments being taken and then to deliver (or collect).

Might try fitting mine this week (if the weather is decent) so I'll do a little write up and break out the Canon.

Cheers

Des

5erge said:
Might try fitting mine this week (if the weather is decent) so I'll do a little write up and break out the Canon.

That would be a great help! Cheers pal

Picking mine up (and Transporthaus spindles) at Dubfreeze!

Jim

WOW

I have shown them to all that have entered my abode since friday morning, my mother in law, friends of my wife, my mates...people eyes glaze over after 10mins...I care not.

I just wish my bus engine was together and running so I could get these on, seems a shame to get them dirty...

one question I have gone 1 spline down on normal springplates - this isn't enough I think I needed 2 really...so these adj plates if I put on the same as I have now it'll be the equivalent of 2, 1 spline in the 'kick up'??

can I also suggest a pic of them fitted..........

dubdubz said:
WOW
one question I have gone 1 spline down on normal springplates - this isn't enough I think I needed 2 really...so these adj plates if I put on the same as I have now it'll be the equivalent of 2, 1 spline in the 'kick up'??

I asked a similar Q on page 2, currently down 2 splines and want to keep the drop. Gadget confirmed that 1 outer spline + the springplates is the equivalent of a 2 outer spline drop.

67westy said:
dubdubz said:
WOW

I asked a similar Q on page 2, currently down 2 splines and want to keep the drop. Gadget confirmed that 1 outer spline + the springplates is the equivalent of a 2 outer spline drop.

thanks I was being lazy :oops: wasn't quite sure if it was on this thread or another ... so 1 down it is then.

just the small matter of building my engine up again! :shock:

I've started to put my plates on. Done one side but really need some new torsion cap bolts as mine have perished :evil: oh and you really need new bolts due to the extension plate.

Will probably wait for a week or untill the sun comes out to do the other side. When I did my first ever splate plate change/adjustment it took me 3 hours to do the first side, then 1.5 hours for the other side. I now have it down to 45 minutes to do 1 side now, so I'm getting better. :mrgreen:

I'll get some pics up in another thread once I've finished it off.

Des

5erge said:

Any tips would be great. Picking mine up from dub freeze and putting them on a couple of weeks later

5erge said:
I've started to put my plates on. Done one side but really need some new torsion cap bolts as mine have perished :evil: oh and you really need new bolts due to the extension plate.

Will probably wait for a week or untill the sun comes out to do the other side. When I did my first ever splate plate change/adjustment it took me 3 hours to do the first side, then 1.5 hours for the other side. I now have it down to 45 minutes to do 1 side now, so I'm getting better. :mrgreen:

Des

cool to the pics - what's the bolt size and pitch? so if I add the extension plate to a std bolt length that would do? or do you need a couple longer to get started??

waaayyyy got mine today... well chuffed :D nice bit of kit.
cant wait to get them fitted.

Many thanks Slamwerks!!! Absolutely top quality bit of kit, can't wait to fit em this weekend now.

I picked my pair up at Dubfreeze - seems I was lucky as they only had one pair left as mine had already gone!!!!

There must have been someone out there who cheekily used my user name to get themselves a discount !! I would have been on the warpath if I had missed out!!

Nice to meet Gadget too!

Matt

Mine should be going on this weekend :D anyone got any tips or things I should watch out for?

just did mine. no real drama about 45mins to an hour each side. did cheat though and havent put the handbrake cables through yet. just soak the 4 bolts that go into the bearing carrier overnight and the torsion bar cover bolts.
clamp flex brake hose and undo solid brake pipe and pull through spring plate
mark top and bottom a-arm and bearing carrier so you get the wheel alignment back the same way
you could mark orig springplate and torsion bar to mark stock
remove torsion bar cover
using a pry bar carefully pull springplate off torsion bar until it drops off the stop I drew a pencil line along the top of the springplate to mark stock spline position at this point
remove springplate carefull not to pull torsion bar out of inner splines - although no major prob if it does cos you can put it back to line up with your pencil mark
you may decide to replace inner donuts?
assemble new plates - i went one outer spline up. Very easy to adjust with new plate cos you only have to remove the torsion bar cover and short plate section from now on to adjust splines
It was difficult to get donuts back in - I used some silicon spray and longer torsion cover bolts to pull into place then replaced with original - dont forget horseshoe spacer!
Happy Slamming!
Oh and cut off the bottom bump stop donut (theres 3 of them)
Mines all done - but when test driving I noticed a nasty intermittent sound from rear n/s - could be bearing?? strange one seems very random?
oh well - back out to investigate - i'm yet to drive the bus more than I use the spanners :roll:

Latest posts