How to fit Slamwerks Adj Plates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff thanks. Mines already down 2 splines at the rear so I think I'll be turning it back 1 to keep the same height.

What are the donuts? Is it a job worth doing whilst they're off?

the donuts are the rubber bushes that sit on the springplates. the plates come with the outers but theres inners as well - mine were quite worn but didnt think to replace so i've just put em back on.

ah got ya thanks, I might nip down GSF to see if they have them then. Probably worth doing whilst it's off

Sorry to be a pain but is it number 7 on this diagram and it just sits on the other side of the spring plate?

T2-05-P28-1.jpg

yes mate - pretty sure they're the same inner and outer - brace yourself its going to be effing tight going back on though! was bad enough with just new outers! Someone with more knowledge/experience of fitting these may have some gems of wisdom??

Wouldn't say I have more experience but I used the original donuts for the inner as they were in great shape. I did see in an article than some people gave them a good dose of copper grease (I didn't bother) but getting everything back together was damn tight. I just bought some longer bolts M10 (allen head, M10's with a hex head will be too big) then nipped everything together, tightening all four bolts gradually in rotation, you'll never manage it with the original bolts.

*Admins* could we move part of this thread to technical as the Groupbuy is now complete and this part of the thread could be useful for people fitting adjustable springplates.

Des

Cheers for all the advice guys, got them installed on monday and the ride is much better now then it was :D once the dropped spindles are on it'll be much improved

there is a trick to fitting the new bushes or donuts. You need two longer than standard bolts (i think they are M12?) and fit the spring plate cover with the two new longer bolts and screw them down far enough that you can bite with the original bolts in the opposite corners (no.9 in the diagram). tighten them down in turn then replace the longer bolts with the standard length ones and your down. Keep them handy incase you even need to go down another spline or two.

Latest posts